Can You Satisfy My Hunger with Virtual Cake and Pie?

• Thread starter holly
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Food
In summary: I'm not even done with the first day of school! In summary, the protagonist is sick of sad news and is tired of cycling to feed the Alley Kitties. She wants some Virtual Cake, good cake with icing, from a Virtual Cook. She also wants Pie and a Lunchie. The protagonist's friends ate like pigs on the Supper thread and she had nothing, not one crumb. She is not going to get anything.
holly
Guys/Gals:

I'm sick of sad news. I'm worn out with having to tiptoe around so I don't step on bugs. I'm tired of pedaling miles every night to feed the Alley Kitties.

I want some Virtual Cake. Good cake, with icing. I want you to make me a Cake, and do it good-heartedly.
The next day, I want Pie.
And then I want a whole nice Lunchie.

You all ate like Pigs on the Supper thread. I had nothing, not one crumb. It was ALL, ALL for YOU.

I bet I don't get one thing.

Physics news on Phys.org
You want to be my first cooking guinea p--er... victi--er... tast--um..

Yeah, I don't think you want me to cook.

cookiemonster

Well, I tend towards easy things to make, but surely any self respecting West Texan loves enchiladas.

Pound of boneless chicken (preferably with a carbochon cut, but just chopped up into bite size pieces works well, too)
1 can refried beans
1/2 an onion
1 small can green chiles (diced is easier)
1 bag of shredded cheese (I think there's a cup, or maybe 2 cups in one of those bags at the store)
1 can tomato soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup (just about any other type cream soup can be substituted for variety)
1 can Hatch Green Chile enchilada sauce (it's about the only good canned sauce I've found - and it's very good, at that)
About 12-14 Tortillas (flour or corn - either one's good - but you have to cook the corn tortillas in oil before rolling things in them).

Brown the chicken in a pan (the grease makes a mess if you brown it on a piece of tin foil)
Add the can of refried beans (it needs to be heated to mix well with the meat)
Take the chicken/beans off the heat
Mix in the onions, chiles, and half of the cheese
Roll this mixture up in tortillas and put in a kind of rectangular shaped pan or dish (I think they're called a cake pan and/or a casserole dish)

Mix the soups and the sauce together
Pour over the rolled tortillas
Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top

I've made this with hamburger when I either didn't have chicken or was too lazy to cut it up. For some reason, everyone seems to love either one (but the chicken enchiladas are best).

Actually, this is just a modification of the recipe that they used to put on the back of Old El Paso enchilada sauce.

Oh GEE, thanks ALOT cookiemonster and BobG.
Yes, that was really great VIRTUAL CAKE you made me. As in NO CAKE at all. AND THANKS FOR THE MEAT-LADEN RECIPE. Just GREAT for vegetarians such as myself.

Sheesh.

Oh come on Holly! BobG was nice enough to give you an enchilada recipe, and you treat him like that? For shame!

Don't worry Bob, I'll make it.

maybe we should start a gay/black/women/conservative/dwarf bashing thread? it always livens things up and makes people come together :smile:

Hey, how come I have 0 posts?

Okay, Holly, since you put so much effort into that fabulous virtual feast, I think I have just the cake for you! I haven't made it in a VERY long time...because it takes TWO DAYS to make it, but after all that effort on your part, and with a little help from the robots who have been out-of-work since then, here it is, made completely from scratch (except the ice cream part...but I'll be sure to get the hand-made, French pot style that is absolutely to-die-for from the local ice creamery.

Glazed Five-Layer Ice Cream Cake
On the bottom, a layer of chocolate cake
Next, a layer of thick fudge sauce
On top of that, a layer of coffee ice cream
Then another layer of cake and another layer of fudge sauce
That's all topped off with a layer of chocolate meringue
And the entire cake is coated with a chocolate glaze
And the top is decorated with a border of whipped cream stars.

The generously sized slices are served up on plates garnished with either chocolate or raspberry sauce, and there's cappuccino to go with it.

Enjoy!

Hi Holly-girlie. Enjoy! :smile:

Attachments

• cake37.jpg
    cake37.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 412
I hate ice cream!

Hate it! Hate it!

Sorry Moonbear, but I just Hate It. And the only cake I got was ice-cream. Well, at least you tried.

Tweedledum said:
Hey, how come I have 0 posts?

it is my understanding that post counts only tally up when you post in the upper forums here :)

And I hate this thread, too! No cakes, no pies, no lunchie. Look how Mad my Ferret is! He is so stressed! He's hungry! Wants pie! Wants this thread removed!
I've gone manic waiting and waiting and waiting to hear if I got into a different program than sonography, the stupid sonography program! Want Cake! Want Pie! Want to lay around and Cry! Stubs gone...Ludwig with a big drain in his side...don't know if I'm in Respiratory Therapy program or NOT! And sorry to Say, Denizens, but Lousy Threads on the board!

Gee, Holly, I least I cook it in a cake pan. Doesn't that count for anything?

And how can you make vegetarian cake? Don't you need eggs to make cake?

holly said:
Stubs gone...Ludwig with a big drain in his side...don't know if I'm in Respiratory Therapy program or NOT!

whaaa??! OK, Holly, what happenned? That's not bored language. You are obviously UPSET!

[URL]http://www.twinsco.com/images/cook/crispycake.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
holly said:
I hate ice cream!

Hate it! Hate it!

Sorry Moonbear, but I just Hate It. And the only cake I got was ice-cream. Well, at least you tried.

You don't like ice cream? How can you not like ice cream?! Okay, no problem, I can fix that. Fortunately for you, with the army of robots at my disposal, they've whipped up a few other varieties to choose from. In one, they've substituted a mocha buttercream filling for the ice cream. In another, we have a white chocolate ganache. And in a third, there's a peanut butter filling. Hopefully one of those will suffice in place of the ice cream.

Since you're coping with a sick pet, I know how important it is to have comfort food like a rich cake, so we'll find something to help cheer you up.

OK, Toots. You asked for it! Here! Have a BIIIIG piece of my Waldorf Astoria Red Velvet chocolate cake! YUM! Isn't that GOOD?! And here. Follow it with a big cookie. If you want just the cookie DOUGH, let me know. I have some in my refer I can send you. OK?

You poor baby. I wish they'd hurry up and let you know SOMETHING! Are you trying to get into respiratory now? And your kitties? What happened to Stubs? Did he run off? Poor Ludwig. He'll get better soon. I'll say a few kitty prayers for him. OK? (Do you think a friendly little SKUNK would cheer him up? :biggrin:)

For Ludwig: I have taken a delicate pastry shell, and filled the bottom with a centimeter of fresh cream. Onto that I have scooped a generous table-spoonful of tuna fish and then garnished with a kitty treat on top. Over all of this I have sprinkled finely shredded catnip leaves from my garden. Served on fine china.

Yum yum...
banana-tart.jpg

Ok Holly. Calm down. You ask what people had for supper and you sohuld have posted what you had. I didn't read the rest of the thread because it was all about recipes and I didn't want to follow it anymore but you should have made a point of it not started a new thread and have a go at people. Wanna talk about it? :smile:

Who is Ludwig?

The Bob (2004 ©)

I used to be bored, but I got bored of it.

*sniff*

Everyone is being so nice after I was so MEAN. Poor BobG and cookiemonster and Moonbear. I am *sorry* and *ashamed* ...

Guess I got a little wild yesterday. *blush* Husband finally made me take a Cat Tranquillizer. They work, but you must take the whole bottle.

Tabby, thanks for the cake. It was decorated so cute! Looked just like the Image Holder my browser uses for graphics that won't display. *wink* Clever!

Polly, thanks for those lovely desserts. *sigh*

Tsunami, where have you BEEN? You and The Bob evidently have no idea about poor Stubs. He just kept hurting Ludwig, my developmentally disabled kitty. Ludwig is a happy kitty, but sometimes we have to prod him to see if he is still with us...now he has a big tube sewn into an abscess, and I found a home for Stubs. Then I had to run out last night to Stubs' new place, because he ran out the door and wouldn't come back until I called. I felt so horrible handing him back over. Maybe it was a Sign to Keep him, and I missed it...?! Wah! Math is Hard is right, I guess I was upset.

And I received a Sign to go to the Respiratory Care dept head and I actually got down on my knees and BEGGED him to consider me even though the deadline has passed. I was mortified, but I felt I had to do it. And he IS considering it! I was sweating and sweating the whole interview. My dress was full of big stupid Sweat Circles.

*sniff* And my son says he wishes he had a GOOD mom and a NORMAL mom. At least I have the PF board...

Hey there Holly, how would you and your ferret like a nice Pumpkin Chiffon Virtual Pie? Similar to a regular pumpkin pie except when you make the center of the pie you fold in some whipped eggwhites and sugar and you get a nice, light, airy pumpkin pie.

Hope you enjoy the pie description, and good luck with the department change you are applying for.

Thank you Artman. *sniff*
Ludwig thanks you for the delicious catnip tart, Math is Hard. How did you know he's a Big Eater?

*sniff*
Guys, go take a look at this: www . pixyland. org (but without the spaces). My heart goes out to the guy. I am so glad that someone else out there is different, too, in a positive way. And I'm so glad I'm not as different as he is. He has a nice ministry, if you skip the parts about being a drug addict, that's part is scrambled.

Hope you are feeling better now you have let off steam. :smile:

The Bob (2004 ©)

Math Is Hard said:
For Ludwig: I have taken a delicate pastry shell, and filled the bottom with a centimeter of fresh cream. Onto that I have scooped a generous table-spoonful of tuna fish and then garnished with a kitty treat on top. Over all of this I have sprinkled finely shredded catnip leaves from my garden. Served on fine china.
Um... could I get THREE of those, please!? :shy: :smile:

Coming right up!

holly said:
Tsunami, where have you BEEN?
Well, shoot. I've been just SO busy! We've had a couple sets of company here for visits, my evening shift doesn't allow me as much PF time as my graveyard shift, and I've been painting and gardening whenever I get the chance. I've tried to keep up with reading, but I guess I missed the part about finding Stubs and new home. And I guess I didn't realize that his tormenting of Ludwig resulted in an abcess! What a BUMMER, sweetie! Is he doing any better yet? I'll keep the kitty prayers going. OK? I'll throw in a few for you and your acceptance into the respiratory program too. :wink:
*sniff* And my son says he wishes he had a GOOD mom and a NORMAL mom. At least I have the PF board...
Aw.. What do kids know? Remember... it will take him a few more years before he realizes Mom and Dad really weren't as rotten and stupid as he thought! (Remember that realization with YOUR parents? :surprise: Boy! I DO! What a SHOCK! :rofl: :rofl: )

Hey! What did you think of my cake?? Want another piece?!? :biggrin: I've managed to hide it from Ivan, but I'VE been hitting it pretty hard :biggrin: and there's not much left! Better get it while it's still available! :wink:

Math Is Hard said:
Coming right up!
Ooooooooo! THANK you! They're LOVELY!

*Einstein! Zoobie! Bun! I have a little treat for you from your Aunt Math Is Hard!*

I thought only us Southerners knew about Red Velvet cake??!

Math Is Hard said:
I thought only us Southerners knew about Red Velvet cake??!
Well... the aunt that I got the recipe from lived in S. Carolina for a few years... but that's about as close as anyone in my family got to being a Southerner. :smile:

*edit* ...or are you talking Southern Californian? :biggrin: I was born and raised in SoCal... :wink:

South Carolina - there it is! I knew we'd find a southern source for that cake recipe. Gosh, I haven't had red velvet cake in years. My great grandmother used to make it. Thanks for that nice memory.

p.s. Back home, when folks say they're from L.A. they usually mean Lower Alabama! ha ha