Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

1.5 Gigapixel image of Machu Picchu

1. Dec 26, 2006 #1
    Check this out!

:surprised :bugeye:
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 26, 2006 #2

Staff: Mentor

4. Dec 26, 2006 #3

Gold Member

Well, that was stitched together out of 404 individual frames from a Canon 10D, so even if you had taken the photos, ZZ's "no Photoshopping" rule could be a bit of a problem. Awesome result, though. The Canon 100-400 lens has image stabilization and people are getting some fantastic results with it. Check this guy's photos (especially the action shots of raptors!) He goes by the name of Nighthound on the ODS site and he is a very talented photographer.

5. Dec 26, 2006 #4
    That is very nice, I'm waiting for the day Google Earth type programs get resolution like this, now that would be fun :smile:
  6. Dec 26, 2006 #5

Gold Member

Since he took over an hour to take the frames, and tourists tend to wander, some of the people in the pictures should appear multiple times. It makes me kind of nauseous to pan the image, though, so I gave up on that project.
  7. Dec 26, 2006 #6

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Ha ha! see the guy taking a whizz in the corner?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?