1. Complex #'s Proof, 2.Complex Particle movement, Magntitute of Acc. and Vel.

In summary, to prove the equation \left(\frac{a+ib}{c+id}\right)*\equiv\frac{a-ib}{c-id}, you need to take the complex conjugate of the previous answer and use the fact that c^2+d^2 = (c+id)(c-id). This involves multiplying (a+ib)(c+id) and (a+ib)(c-id) and then combining them on the same denominator.
H2instinct
Complex Numbers Proof

167qx39.jpg

Multiplying the top and bottom by the complex conj. of the bottom:

[tex]\frac{a+ib}{c+id} * \frac{c-id}{c-id}[/tex]

Gives me:

[tex]\frac{(ac+bd) - i(ad-bc)}{c^{2}+d^{2}}[/tex]

In form x+iy it is:

[tex]\frac{(ac+bd)}{c^{2}+d^{2}} + (\frac{(bc-ad)}{c^{2}+d^{2}})*i [/tex]

This is where I get stuck. In order to prove [tex]\left(\frac{a+ib}{c+id}\right)[/tex]*[tex]\equiv\frac{a-ib}{c-id}[/tex] I think that I am supposed to take the complex conjugate of my previous answer and then work backwards until I get to [tex]\frac{a-ib}{c-id}[/tex]. I have tried this with several different variations and I am not coming up with the proof at all. I need a bump in the right direction here.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
i think you're heading right direction, first combine everything on the same denominator, then use the fact
[tex] c^2+d^2 = (c+id)(c-id) [/tex]

and previously you multiplied
[tex] (a+ib)(c-id) = (ac+bd) + i(bc-ad)[/tex]

so now use the fact
[tex] (a+ib)(c+id) = (ac+bd) - i(bc-ad)[/tex]
(check if you need)

1. What is the proof for complex numbers?

The proof for complex numbers is based on the fundamental theorem of algebra, which states that every non-constant polynomial equation with complex coefficients has at least one complex solution. This means that any polynomial equation of the form ax^2 + bx + c = 0, where a, b, and c are complex numbers, has two complex solutions. These solutions are known as the roots of the polynomial and can be found by using the quadratic formula.

2. How do complex particles move?

The movement of complex particles, also known as quantum particles, is described by the principles of quantum mechanics. These particles do not follow the same laws of motion as classical particles and can exhibit behaviors such as superposition and entanglement. The movement of complex particles is determined by their wave function, which is a mathematical representation of the particle's position and momentum.

3. What is the magnitude of acceleration for complex particles?

The magnitude of acceleration for complex particles depends on the specific system and conditions. In quantum mechanics, the concept of acceleration is replaced by the concept of a particle's wave function changing over time. This change in the wave function can result in changes in the particle's position and momentum, which can be measured and used to determine the magnitude of the acceleration.

4. What is the magnitude of velocity for complex particles?

Similar to acceleration, the magnitude of velocity for complex particles is also determined by the particle's wave function. The wave function contains information about the particle's position and momentum, which can be used to calculate the particle's velocity. However, due to the probabilistic nature of quantum mechanics, the velocity of a complex particle is not well-defined and can only be described in terms of probabilities.

5. How do complex numbers affect the magnitude of acceleration and velocity?

Complex numbers play a crucial role in determining the magnitude of acceleration and velocity for complex particles. The wave function, which is used to calculate these quantities, is based on complex numbers. The real and imaginary parts of the complex numbers in the wave function determine the particle's position and momentum respectively, which ultimately determine the magnitude of acceleration and velocity.