Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

2016 PF Betterment Survey

1. Jan 12, 2016 #1
    Physics Forums is a diverse community consisting of many age groups, nationalities, education backgrounds and professions. To improve, it's important for the community to communicate its frustrations and needs. It is your duty as a member to provide such feedback. After all we're all in this together. Let's all do our part in making PF the best it can be. Now is your time with this easy 3 question survey. Do not hold back and feel free to list all those little things you've thought about when using the community.

To help provide more incentive than just helping make PF better, if you provide your username you'll be put into a drawing. 5 members will be chosen to receive a PF t-shirt and 5 members will receive gold membership. The drawing will occur on Jan 26th.

Fill out the survey here:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SFKV7NX

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 12, 2016 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

My only complaint is that the last batch of PF T-shirts only came in sizes Small, XXL, and Corgi. :-p
    Greg, you should give away free gold memberships to all members who put their corgis in PF shirts. For science!

4. Jan 12, 2016 #3
    Truth be told half our members are actually Corgi's :smile:

5. Jan 12, 2016 #4

Drakkith

@phinds, did you sign your extended family up?

6. Jan 12, 2016 #5

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Nah, my only litter of two has flown the coop and the wife refuses to have another. Says we're too old. My daughter's in Laos, which is not too bad, but my son is living in another culture entirely. He's in Brooklyn.

7. Jan 12, 2016 #6

Drakkith

Oh! The horror!!

8. Jan 12, 2016 #7
    Already some really great feedback is coming in!

9. Jan 12, 2016 #8

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

OK , voiced my complaints ... the list is a mile long :wink::wink::biggrin: haha

10. Jan 12, 2016 #9
    I didn't put this in my submission but just out of curiosity, why do we have a relationship forum?

11. Jan 12, 2016 #10
    General Discussion was being overrun by such threads. We thought it better they be stored in a subforum.

12. Jan 12, 2016 #11
    Predictable.

13. Jan 13, 2016 #12
    You're kidding. Who would ask about that on a physics forum?

14. Jan 13, 2016 #13

haushofer

Science Advisor

When your marriage is suffering under your PhD, to name one thing. :P

15. Jan 13, 2016 #14
  16. Jan 13, 2016 #15
    I think it's good have just joined

17. Jan 13, 2016 #16
    That was my point. I didn't get why we have one.

18. Jan 13, 2016 #17

Drakkith

Well, why have a general discussion subforum at all? Who would want that on a forum for physics?

The answer is that this site may focus on physics, but people enjoy discussing other things too.

19. Jan 13, 2016 #18
    Hmmmm. Touche.

20. Jan 13, 2016 #19
  21. Jan 13, 2016 #20
    My complaint is that users shouldn't be awarded points on each and every post. The points should somehow reflect the quality of the posts of the individual.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook