1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

3000 solved problems from schaum.

1. Apr 24, 2007 #1
    i want to know what is the level of these problems, and are they suiteable for a physics major, i.e does the book also have calculus based physics problems?
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 26, 2007 #2
    I use it for my 1st 3 semesters of intro calc-based physics (all lower-div). It includes a lot of problems but i've encountered a lot of decent ones. It includes some of the tricky problems found in Resnick, Halliday and Krane. So the problems are no more difficult than the most difficult ones found in typical intro physics books.
  4. Apr 26, 2007 #3
    the question is what is the portion of these decent questions from the 3000 problems?
    thanks in advance.

i have Introduction to mechanics by kleppner, the problem is that there are no solved solutions, which is kind of hard to see if you are right or wrong in the tough questions.
  5. Apr 26, 2007 #4
  6. Apr 27, 2007 #5
    I have collected links to solutions of Kleppner and Kolenkow book here:

Hope you find it useful.
  7. Apr 27, 2007 #6
    And for Tipler? Are there full solutions?
  8. Apr 28, 2007 #7
    Not Tipler.

All I've done is collect the links to PDF files,from the course websites of various universities.Yes,they contain full solutions to most problems.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?