4-point resistivity adapter: ferrite loops on alligator clip wires

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
tonyjnel
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi! This is my first post.

I am trying to build a 4-Point resistivity measurement adapter according to instructions that can be found here:

"www.aeroelectric.com/articles/LowOhmsAdapter_3.pdf"

On the fifth page (the second page of the schematic) there is a symbol that I do not recognize (I have never really worked with electrical diagrams before). Around each of the wires coming down from the alligator clips, there are two loops with a vertical line and a dot on the left of the loop. This happens at a 4-pin socket and plug and I am wondering what exactly I am supposed to do there. Also, I don't know what to do about those loops at the alligator clip either.

Thanks for your help,
Tony
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Oh. Note that your parts list indicates that it's 22 gauge shielded wire.