A couple of interesting black hole papers

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Science Advisor
Insights Author
2025 Award
Messages
9,573
Reaction score
2,692
In another thread (on Oppenheimer-Snyder collapse), I posted a link to some lecture notes on gravitational collapse. Checking on the author, I find he is extremely prolific on many fundamental areas of GR (from the computational standpoint). Of particular interest:

http://arxiv.org/abs/1105.0122
catch phrase: you probably cannot produce super-extremal Kerr black hole

http://arxiv.org/abs/1209.6138
If two bodies collide, gamma factor does contribute to likelihood of forming a BH;
LHC hasn't got a chance to produce them, though.
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
No more to add. These papers stand on their own. Looking back on these, I find the second particularly interesting for validating the hoop conjecture for extreme collisions.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Greg Bernhardt