A good book of tables and formulae

  • Thread starter Thread starter phsopher
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Book Formulae
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
phsopher
Messages
180
Reaction score
4
I wasn't really certain where to post this so move it if it's in the wrong place.

I'm about to order some books from Amazon and I thought I'd get a book of math tables and formulae while I'm at it. I'm tired of doing simple gaussians by hand over and over again. So I'm wondering if you guys can recommend a good one. I'm a theoretical physics major if that helps.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Gradshteyn & Ryzhik. Essential for obscure integrals.

Also, the Schaum's Outline is good for more common stuff and much lighter in the backpack.
 
If you are happy having stuff on your computer, Abromowitz and Stegun (mostly good for special functions) is available online:
http://www.math.ucla.edu/~cbm/aands//"
I have nearly worn out my hard copy over the years, you the electronic copy is great for me.



In my experience, nothing is easier for integrals than symbolic math programs. Maxima is available for free for windows and linux/unix.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/maxima/files/"

Good luck,

jason
 
Last edited by a moderator: