A good MAahematical formulae book?

In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's struggle with remembering mathematical concepts and their request for a recommended book on formulas and tables, particularly for derivatives and integrals. A suggestion is made for a print book in Polish or Russian as well as two options on Amazon.
christian0710
Hi, I'm studying science (going from biology to molecular nutrition) and often find that I forget how to find solutions to graphs such as the quadratic formulae, or perhaps i forget the rules of Integrals

Could someone recommend a good mathematical formulae/table book including derivatives and integrals (with pictures to illustrate the point and make sure i understand what's going on) just as a reference when needed?

Physics news on Phys.org

1. What makes a good mathematical formulae book?

A good mathematical formulae book should have clear and concise explanations of concepts, a comprehensive collection of formulas, and plenty of practice problems with solutions. It should also be well-organized and easy to navigate.

2. How do I know if a formula is correct?

A correct formula should be based on sound mathematical principles and have been verified through experimentation or proof. It should also be consistent with other known formulas and yield accurate results when applied.

3. Are there any recommended mathematical formulae books?

Yes, there are many highly regarded mathematical formulae books, such as "Handbook of Mathematical Functions" by Abramowitz and Stegun, "CRC Standard Mathematical Tables and Formulae" by Zwillinger, and "The Princeton Companion to Mathematics" by Gowers et al.

4. How can I use a mathematical formulae book effectively?

To use a mathematical formulae book effectively, it is important to have a solid understanding of the underlying concepts and be able to apply them to solve problems. It is also helpful to use the book as a reference and practice regularly with the formulas.

5. Can I rely solely on a mathematical formulae book to learn mathematics?

A mathematical formulae book can be a valuable resource, but it should not be the only source of learning. It is important to also seek out explanations and examples from other sources, such as textbooks, lectures, and online resources, to gain a deeper understanding of the concepts behind the formulas.