A material/ substance that does not allow the through it

• Thread starter scupydog
  • Start date
Has any one invented a material/ substance that does not allow the field of a magnet through it

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Google: Magnetic Shielding

marcusl

Science Advisor
Gold Member
Superconductors also have that property. Specifically, Type 1 superconductors expel flux perfectly up to a critical field where they can no longer keep the field out. This is called the Meissner effect.

ranger

Gold Member
You can read up more on Diamagnetism. A superconductor is a perfect diamagnet, where it keeps magnetic fields from its interior. But a superconductor cannot keep a magnetic field out for all intensities. Once the critical field is met, it looses its perfect Diamagnetism and can no longer oppose magnetic fields.

thanks for your replies, very helpfull in my quest for a perpetual motion machine using magnetism and gravity

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
They're only helpful if they've convinced you to abandon the quest!

Reading another post about gravity being a type of energy, from which i derived it isn't. Therefore a PM machine using only gravity and magnetism does not break the law of energy conservation. Im sure there's more to it than that, if any could enlighten me i would be gratefull.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=138215

marcusl

Science Advisor
Gold Member
Reading another post about gravity being a type of energy, from which i derived it isn't. Therefore a PM machine using only gravity and magnetism does not break the law of energy conservation. Im sure there's more to it than that, if any could enlighten me i would be gratefull.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=138215
Perpetual motion is simply not allowed by thermodynamics. Please save yourself the time of a wild goose chase. If you insist on continuing, at least spare the poor readers of PF forum from yet another fruitless thread.

Thanks!