1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Physics Kinematics Question about Acceleration

1. Sep 13, 2009 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    This is the v-t(velocity-time) graph of two moving objects,A and B :
    attachment.php?attachmentid=20531&stc=1&d=1252830179.jpg
    Please check whether the following statement is true or false(including wrong description).

At the moment t1, the acceleration of A is BIGGER than that of B.
    PS: In this case,"a vector A is bigger than another one B" means ||A||>||B||.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
    I'm a Chinese senior high school student who is not good at English,so please don't mind mistakes of grammar.I am really trying my best to post this thread.:shy::shy:
    I think this statement is right,but my teacher said that there's no given exact numbers or function expressions and we can't find the exact relationship between line A and line B,including their point of intersection.
    My opinion is that we can find the answer from the graph obviously( considering a very short range covering the point t1, delta(v) of A is obviously bigger than that of B )

Thank in advance!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 13, 2009 #2

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Welcome to Physics Forums.

I would agree with your conclusion, the magnitude of the acceleration of A is definitely larger than that of B (at t1).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook