Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A question about band structure silicene by tight binding

1. Jun 22, 2015 #1
    Dear forum people,
    I know that electronic properties silicene is the same graphene but i can not figure out how can I plot band strcture silicene. I want to plot that in the following path: K→Γ→M→K

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 22, 2015 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

You keep talking about PLOTTING the band structure. Do you actually have the analytical form of the band structure and just don't know how to use a software package to plot it? Or what exactly about the "plotting" part that you need help with here?

Without such explanation, this is pretty vague!

Zz.

4. Jun 22, 2015 #3
    Hamiltonian metrix is 8*8. i can not properly calculate elements of the matrix using slater-koster methods. for example overlap between orbitals s and pz is n*v(spσ) but i can't find cosine directions n,l,m.

5. Jun 22, 2015 #4

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Ok, this has a bit more information. This is not "plotting". This is the actual calculation to GET the band structure. There's a difference.

Someone who is more up to speed on the silicene band structure calculation may be able to help you.

Zz.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook