A question about frequency range

In summary: As for your question about using WiFi instead, it is possible, but there are a few caveats. First, WiFi has a shorter range than other wireless technologies, so you would need to be close to your receiver. Second, WiFi signals can be blocked by walls or other objects, so you would need to find a location where reception is good. Third, because WiFi uses radio waves, it can be subject to interference from other devices in close proximity.
sulymani
Hey guys

How can I know the range of frequency whether it's long or short ? I have hard time knowin the range of for exmple ( 80 t0 120) MHz, 27 KHz ... or small value like 10 Hz .. strugglin with unit of Hz ? please guys convert those values into feet unit or in meter .. that would be great ..

Engineering news on Phys.org
Wavelength is related to frequency by the following:

[tex]\lambda = \frac{v_w}{f}[/tex]

Where [itex]v_w[/itex] the velocity of the wave and [itex]f[/itex] is frequency. You can then use the definition of shortwave and longwave to help you along.

The higher the frequency the shorter the wavelength.

well .. i know all these stuffs .. my questio How can i know how far the frequecies above go ?? please i am sick of rules and math .. i need just written language.

sulymani said:
my questio How can i know how far the frequecies above go ??

Elaborate on what you mean by this.

ranger ... i am tryin to build a transmitter that is compatible with the legal limits here in the USA. Further do u know how can i fix the frequency for both the transmitter and the receiver ??

You might consider joining a ham radio club in your area.
They can help you with proper licensing and operation as well as helping on transmitter/receiver construction.
As it stands, your question is still to vague to answer.

sulymani said:
ranger ... i am tryin to build a transmitter that is compatible with the legal limits here in the USA. Further do u know how can i fix the frequency for both the transmitter and the receiver ??

what has this got to do with the original question? Legal limit as in within the legal operational laws? Try FCC

sulymani said:
Hey guys
How can I know the range of frequency whether it's long or short ? I have hard time knowin the range of for exmple ( 80 t0 120) MHz, 27 KHz ... or small value like 10 Hz .. strugglin with unit of Hz ? please guys convert those values into feet unit or in meter .. that would be great ..

ranger answered this question

sulymani said:

Since this seems to be a digression from the OP, I suggest you open a new thread or request that a mentor split this thread into a new one (use the Report button).

Its a good thing that you mentioned your intentions. The airwaves are regulated by the FCC and you must exhibit caution in these regards. Berkeman, one of our mentors, has already cautioned several posters on this matter. You can view some of his comments here. Keep in mind that if you have a specific question for berkeman, it may have to wait until a week or so as he is currently busy with other obligations and may be inactive during that time period.

you know guys ... I have been thinkin of buildin a transmitter and a receiver that use an FM modulation. However, all plans have changed because of some obstacles came ahead. What I'm ganna do is to build the same transmitter and receiver, but using a short range signal modulator such as Wi Fi. Then I will have a fixed frequency that my transmitter will deal and the receiver, and for the regards of legal limits of FCC. Guys, I am new to the mechanism that's called Wi Fi. A friend of mine just told about it and how useful it would be compared with other mechanisms.

sulymani said:
you know guys ... I have been thinkin of buildin a transmitter and a receiver that use an FM modulation. However, all plans have changed because of some obstacles came ahead. What I'm ganna do is to build the same transmitter and receiver, but using a short range signal modulator such as Wi Fi. Then I will have a fixed frequency that my transmitter will deal and the receiver, and for the regards of legal limits of FCC. Guys, I am new to the mechanism that's called Wi Fi. A friend of mine just told about it and how useful it would be compared with other mechanisms.

You are better off finding already built transmitter and receiver modules. Building a transmitter from scratch in that frequency range is difficult and requires access to specialized test equipment.

1. What is frequency range?

Frequency range refers to the range of frequencies that can be measured or detected by a particular device or system. It is usually measured in Hertz (Hz) and can vary depending on the capabilities of the equipment.

2. How is frequency range determined?

The frequency range is determined by the design and capabilities of the device or system. It can also be limited by external factors such as interference or noise. The range can be expanded or narrowed by adjusting the equipment or using filters.

3. Why is frequency range important?

Frequency range is important because it allows us to measure and detect various types of signals and waves. Different frequencies can carry different types of information, so having a wide frequency range allows us to access a wider range of data and signals.

4. How does frequency range affect data transmission?

The frequency range can affect data transmission in several ways. If the frequency range is too narrow, some data may be lost or distorted. On the other hand, if the frequency range is too wide, it can increase the chances of interference and decrease the efficiency of data transmission.

5. Can the frequency range be extended?

Yes, the frequency range can be extended by using amplifiers, filters, or other signal processing techniques. However, there may be limitations based on the capabilities of the equipment or the laws of physics.