A question about reciprocity theorem

• Thread starter bibo_dvd
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Theorem
In summary, the person is asking for help with calculating I in a circuit with a given equation for IT. They are advised to redraw the circuit and calculate the voltage of the shorting midpoint wire in order to calculate the currents and find I.
bibo_dvd
hello guys :))

the question is :
RUkFKY3.png

NGhyEF7.png

in (a)
IT= 10/[4k||8k+4k||4k]=2.14 mA

but i can't calculate I so please guys help me i tried many times to get it but i couldn't :(

thx guys !

Attachments

• RUkFKY3.png
    RUkFKY3.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 399
  • NGhyEF7.png
    NGhyEF7.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 409
Physics news on Phys.org
bibo_dvd said:
hello guys :))

the question is :
RUkFKY3.png

NGhyEF7.png

in (a)
IT= 10/[4k||8k+4k||4k]=2.14 mA

but i can't calculate I so please guys help me i tried many times to get it but i couldn't :(

thx guys !

I'm not following the equation you wrote for IT (I assume that is the I in the first figure?).

Try re-drawing the circuit, and calculate the voltage of the shorting midpoint wire. Given that voltage, you can calculate the currents in the different legs of the circuit, which will give you I.

Attachments

• RUkFKY3.png
    RUkFKY3.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 403
  • NGhyEF7.png
    NGhyEF7.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 364

1. What is the reciprocity theorem?

The reciprocity theorem is a fundamental principle in physics that states that the response of a linear system to an excitation is the same whether the excitation is applied at the input or output of the system.

2. How is the reciprocity theorem used in engineering?

In engineering, the reciprocity theorem is used to simplify the analysis of complex systems by allowing engineers to test the response of a system at one point and use that information to predict the response at other points. This saves time and resources in the design process.

3. What is the mathematical formulation of the reciprocity theorem?

The mathematical formulation of the reciprocity theorem is: Vab = Vba, where Vab is the response at point a when an excitation is applied at point b, and Vba is the response at point b when the same excitation is applied at point a.

4. Can the reciprocity theorem be applied to non-linear systems?

No, the reciprocity theorem only applies to linear systems. Non-linear systems do not follow the principle of superposition, which is necessary for the reciprocity theorem to hold.

5. What are some practical applications of the reciprocity theorem?

The reciprocity theorem is used in various fields such as electrical engineering, acoustics, and optics. Some practical applications include the design of antennas, microphones, and lasers. It is also used in medical imaging techniques like ultrasound and MRI.