A Question about Topological Connectivity

In summary, the author is trying to create an abstract three-value symbolic logic system using interconnected circles as a "T" "F" truth table. There are no rules given for moving through the rings, and the author is vague about what the rings are and what they do.
RVM45
I am not a Mathematician, and I've been pondering this idea for years. I will try to describe it intelligibly.

Imagine a Ring. It has three "Inputs" and three "Outputs".

Any of the three "Outputs" takes you to a different Ring with three Entrances and three Exits.

You cannot return to the original Ring in less than three moves. Nor do any second or third level Rings connect directly to any common Rings, nor does any Ring have both a Direct Entrance and Exit to the same Ring...

What is the minimum number of interconnecting Rings I will need, to make the system "Circular" and "Homogenous" in the sense that it always leads inevitably back to the starting point, if one avoids entering any other Ring more than once?

Is there a Maxim number of Rings that can be connected in this way?

I assume that the structure would be Symmetric, in that any Ring that I choose arbitrarily to start from, would inevitably take me Back to the starting Ring in the same number of non-retracing steps.

This thing grows to the Point of being a Wooly-Bear Worm to Visualize. Are there are Equations to "Flatten it out"--that is, give results without needing to clearly visualize it?

Believe it or not, I'm trying to create an an Abstract Three Value Symbolic Logic System, using the Interlocking Circles in Place of a "T" "F" Truth Table.

Just for ...

Well, for no good reason that I can think of...

Thanx.:wink:

...RVM45 :cool::eek::cool:

Physics news on Phys.org
Too vague.

For example, you never explained what the "second and third level rings" were. Pretty much everything is unclear. Are there rules for moving through these rings that you have to follow, other than exiting from an exit and entering from an entrance?

In any case, it sounds like the right framework for it would be graph theory, where people have thought about all these types of questions for various graphs.

what?

1. What is topological connectivity?

Topological connectivity refers to the ability of a topological space, such as a graph or network, to be connected without any breaks or gaps. In other words, it is a measure of how easily information or objects can flow through a space.

2. How is topological connectivity different from geometric connectivity?

While geometric connectivity is concerned with the physical distance between points, topological connectivity focuses on the abstract relationships between points. This means that topological connectivity can be preserved even if the physical distance between points changes.

3. What are some real-world applications of topological connectivity?

Topological connectivity has many applications in fields such as computer science, biology, and physics. For example, it can be used to model the spread of diseases in a population, analyze social networks, and study the behavior of particles in physics.

4. How is topological connectivity measured?

There are several ways to measure topological connectivity, such as the number of connected components, the diameter of the space, and the number of holes or tunnels in the space. The specific measure used depends on the type of space being studied.

5. Can topological connectivity change over time?

Yes, topological connectivity can change over time. For example, in a network, the addition or removal of nodes or edges can affect the topological connectivity. In a physical space, changes in the shape or structure can also impact the topological connectivity.