A question re solid state switch

• Thread starter rrosenthal
  • Start date
I am less than a novice regarding electronic issues and understanding circuits , and need help in terms of seeking a component. I am looking for a solid state component---?? ic--- that would act as a SPST switch. This switching device would be inserted into a simple dc circuit--( approx 10-15 v-----50 to 200 ma)-------This hypothetical switch device would then turn on and off rapidly------- alternately allowing passage of dc current and then stopage of current. However I would need the switch "on" time to be approx 500 ns----and the "off" time to be about the same---ie about 500 ns---------Would appreciate any advice or suggestions--

randy rosenthal

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
I am less than a novice regarding electronic issues and understanding circuits , and need help in terms of seeking a component. I am looking for a solid state component---?? ic--- that would act as a SPST switch. This switching device would be inserted into a simple dc circuit--( approx 10-15 v-----50 to 200 ma)-------This hypothetical switch device would then turn on and off rapidly------- alternately allowing passage of dc current and then stopage of current. However I would need the switch "on" time to be approx 500 ns----and the "off" time to be about the same---ie about 500 ns---------Would appreciate any advice or suggestions--

randy rosenthal

Here's a helpful page at Maxim Electronics:

http://www.maxim-ic.com/products/switches/

They make a wide range of analog switches, including ones that meet your speed requirements. Be sure to check out App Note 638 at the bottom of the page -- it's a good intro to analog switches.