1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A really low grade on my intro physics final.

1. Dec 22, 2009 #1
    Well, I got a D grade on my intro physics final, which means i got the credits for the course, but my gpa has dropped down a few points. My teacher is not to blame but he sure didn't help either...he has a passion for the subject, but not for teaching. Anyway, I guess i should take it again...now im just getting paranoid that i won't do well a second time through either. My progress was upward the first time in the sense that i failed the first test miserably, the second test not as miserably and the final even less miserably. So I failed all three tests just not as badly on each try. How do i approach this problem? I don't know if i will ever be good at physics!

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 22, 2009 #2
    Well, you're improving, so that's good :)

4. Dec 24, 2009 #3
    It depends on your teacher. Some believe people should fail physics, & it could be natural to have a class average of say 50% on a test, but then they usually curve. The point is, at the end of the day, don't judge yourself by your grades, learn from what you got wrong & improve. If you aren't learning & improving, then it might be time to move on.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook