Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A really low grade on my intro physics final.

1. Dec 22, 2009 #1
    Well, I got a D grade on my intro physics final, which means i got the credits for the course, but my gpa has dropped down a few points. My teacher is not to blame but he sure didn't help either...he has a passion for the subject, but not for teaching. Anyway, I guess i should take it again...now im just getting paranoid that i won't do well a second time through either. My progress was upward the first time in the sense that i failed the first test miserably, the second test not as miserably and the final even less miserably. So I failed all three tests just not as badly on each try. How do i approach this problem? I don't know if i will ever be good at physics!

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 22, 2009 #2
    Well, you're improving, so that's good :)

4. Dec 24, 2009 #3
    It depends on your teacher. Some believe people should fail physics, & it could be natural to have a class average of say 50% on a test, but then they usually curve. The point is, at the end of the day, don't judge yourself by your grades, learn from what you got wrong & improve. If you aren't learning & improving, then it might be time to move on.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook