1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

About Mathematical Analysis by Zorich

1. Jul 24, 2013 #1
    I'm reading this book now. I like it because it's rigorous and interesting but I have too much difficulty solving the exercises. What's worse, Zorich didn't give the answers. Where can I find the answers? I mean is there a book or something that gives the answers or even just some hints to the exercises? If there's not, then how should I use this book? Is it worth reading if the exercises are skipped?

By the way, my English is not good, if you can't understand my questions, just tell me and I'll try my best to explain.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 24, 2013 #2

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

The vast majority of books at this level don't have answers. I can only think of one or two real analysis books with answers, and they're problem books, not theory books.

I would suggest to keep doing the book. If you want to check an answer, you can always post in the homework forum. You'll get good feedback very quickly!! (Yes, do post in the homework forum even if you're self studying).

4. Jul 24, 2013 #3

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

But please, do not skip the exercises. The exercises are the most important part of a math book. You should really attempt to make them all.

5. Jul 25, 2013 #4
    Binmore is an analysis book with answers, but it criticized of "holding your hand too much". Ross has answers widely available, but it is also not as intense as something like Rudin. If you feel like you don't have the mathematical maturity to tackle a harder analysis book, there's absolutely nothing wrong with starting with the easier ones (think of training wheels: no shame in attaching them until you can ride alone). In fact, many universities (in the USA) have courses that ease the students up the rigorous math classes.

6. Jul 25, 2013 #5
    Thank you, micromass and hsetennis. Your advice enlightens me a lot. Maybe I can still read Zorich's book and at the same time, get an exercise book which is related. Anyway, those books are not hard to find.

7. May 18, 2015 #6

In Zorich's book, what is the answer to the following questions for 2 a, c and e?
    Please reply to deerfriends@gmail.com
    Thanks!

upload_2015-5-18_15-58-15.png

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted