About Parallel-to-serial converters

• Thread starter FPIsaac
  • Start date
Hello everyone, i am a beginner in electrical engineering , and i am studying introduction to logic circuits.And I'd like you talk to me applications of parallel-to-serial converters especially the Parallel-to-serial converters of 4 bits.
Since now,thank you.

Answers and Replies

davenn
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hi there

what research have you done for yourself so far ?
Here on PF we try to avoid spoonfeeding people with info ... they tend not to learn very much that way
have a go at googling for some info, if there are things in the references you find that you don't understand
then tell us what you don't understand and give a link to the reference :smile: and us guys can help from there

cheers
Dave

Likes 1 person
UltrafastPED
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Serial is often preferred for communications because it takes fewer wires, and if one of the serial protocols is followed you can "easily" communicate with another system ... hence RS-232 and USB.

Hi there

what research have you done for yourself so far ?
Here on PF we try to avoid spoonfeeding people with info ... they tend not to learn very much that way
have a go at googling for some info, if there are things in the references you find that you don't understand
then tell us what you don't understand and give a link to the reference :smile: and us guys can help from there

cheers
Dave

Is because I need to choose an application and make the study of it.The teacher has not lectured about it,so I'm a little disoriented.

256bits
Gold Member
Likes 1 person