Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

About Parallel-to-serial converters

1. Sep 3, 2013 #1
    Hello everyone, i am a beginner in electrical engineering , and i am studying introduction to logic circuits.And I'd like you talk to me applications of parallel-to-serial converters especially the Parallel-to-serial converters of 4 bits.
    Since now,thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 3, 2013 #2

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hi there

what research have you done for yourself so far ?
    Here on PF we try to avoid spoonfeeding people with info ... they tend not to learn very much that way
    have a go at googling for some info, if there are things in the references you find that you don't understand
    then tell us what you don't understand and give a link to the reference :smile: and us guys can help from there

cheers
    Dave

4. Sep 3, 2013 #3

UltrafastPED

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Serial is often preferred for communications because it takes fewer wires, and if one of the serial protocols is followed you can "easily" communicate with another system ... hence RS-232 and USB.

5. Sep 3, 2013 #4
    Is because I need to choose an application and make the study of it.The teacher has not lectured about it,so I'm a little disoriented.

6. Sep 3, 2013 #5
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook