Acceleration of an electron in a uniform electric field

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
icedevilwoot
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hello.
I was completing some homework when I came stuck on a question. I have no idea which formula to use. The information I've been given is : An eletron, initally at rest, accelerated by a uniform field of 10^6 NC^-1 (By the way, ^ represents to the power of).
The question is "What is the acceleration of the electron"
Now, I am not looking for answers but which formula to use.

This would be of much help, thank you.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Use the information given to find the force and Newton's laws will take care of the rest.
 
Yikes, sorry for wasting your time, I just realized that and how easy it was. Sorry.
 
Just another quick question ~ For the force I was going to use : F=Eq but for E it is E=/\V / D
And I haven't been given a distance between the two plates.

And to work out acceleration I was going to use a=Eq/m but I need to work out E.
 
Last edited:
They GIVE you E. accelerated by a uniform field of 10^6 NC^-1