1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

AD/AS Model for economics

1. Dec 19, 2015 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    If the AD curve intersects the AS curve in the intermediate section of the AS curve, can you calculate the increase in real output in the AD/AS model resulting from the $100 million increase in government spending? If not, what additional information would you need?

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
    I'm not sure if anyone could help me with this, since this forum doesn't have a specific section for economics, but I've tried for about two hours to figure out what the answer is, which I'm assuming is simple. I've looked around in my textbook and on the internet to no avail.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 19, 2015 #2

Ray Vickson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Perhaps some of us could help, but we are not allowed to do so (nor would I be inclined to) on the basis of what you have submitted. PF Rules require you to do work on the problem first, and ask for help where you are stuck. Besides that you need to define AC and AC curves. Some of us can guess what they are, but we should not need to.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted