1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Studying Advice for Studying Aerospace Engineering.

1. Jul 17, 2007 #1
    I have pretty much chosen that when I go to University in the very near future, I want to study Aerospace Engineering. I have a few questions for the "Been there, done that" guys. First, I am in Canada just for the record, so I will most likely be attending University here, rather than abroad.

Anyway, first question I have. As an Undergraduate, what is the most beneficial course to major in as a base for Aero-Eng. Should I further study Physics and/or Mathematics, or should I get some background in Mechanical Engineering first or, would a program like this one http://www.mae.carleton.ca/maehtmls/usAerospace.html, which is jumping right into an Aerospace Engineering degree, be the best way to go?

My second question is regarding specific universities, which I know is a tough subject. For what I want to do, what choices of Universities in Canada do I have for Undergraduate studies? So far I have looked at Waterloo, for Physics/Math if I go in that direction, or University of Toronto or Carleton University for Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering. Would those be wise choices or should I look elsewhere? For Graduate studies, I'm guessing I'll have to cross that bridge when I come to it :rolleyes:

I'm sorry for all the questions, but It seems the more I look into my future education, and where I'm going etc. The more questions that I come up with!
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 18, 2007 #2
    I dont understand your question. Aerospace majors take Aerospace courses.
  4. Jul 18, 2007 #3
    if you want a job in aerospace eng. after you get your degree don't miss Ryerson University in downtown Toronto,
  5. Jul 19, 2007 #4
    I actually missed out an important detail of why I was asking. I was looking around and it seems very few Universities actually offer Undergraduate programs in Aerospace Engineering (I'm sure I'm missing some, that's why I'm here), the closest most do is a Mech-Eng program, or Physics etc. which was why I was wondering if I should go for a different major for Undergraduate, then take Aerospace Engineering in Grad school. Sorry for the confusion :)
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?