• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Advice on books for logic puzzle questions for software engineers

• Other
  • Thread starter Taylor_1989
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Summary: Advice on books for software engineer logic puzzles for interviews and improve overall skills

I am looking to getting into software engineering, and am having trouble with find the logic puzzle books or websites to prep for interviews. Now of course there lots of logic puzzle type question on the internet, but what I am wondering are there more logic puzzle geared towards software engineering or the fact of the matter is that any logic type puzzle will be good for interview preparation?

Also has anyone recommendations on good logic puzzle books or websites? I have come across brillaint which is okay, but the free version has only limited number of questions. So if anyone has any links or books recommendation it would be much appreciated.

oops I have posted in wrong forum, I ment to put in STEM carers but cant figure how to delete post and post to that forum. Could admin help me move to the correct forum please.

Answers and Replies

BvU
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2019 Award
You might look at the Euler project. It's fun.

Job interview preparation is a different ball game, though: soft skills are more useful there than a high score on the puzzles ...

You might look at the Euler project. It's fun.

Job interview preparation is a different ball game, though: soft skills are more useful there than a high score on the puzzles ...
Ah okay thank you. I never knew about the euler project but the ex do seem to be fun. Just to clarify when you say soft skills, you mean software skills?

BvU
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2019 Award
Demystifier
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Just to clarify when you say soft skills, you mean software skills?
Soft skills means emotional and social intelligence, skills related to communication with humans. The kind of stuff nerds are not supposed to have. :oldbiggrin:

vanhees71
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2019 Award
Good that we've talked about it :devil: