1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Advise on how to study (and catch up) in Classical Mechanics

1. Nov 11, 2009 #1
    Hello all,

Doing this week's problem set, I realized that I have become totally lost in my classical mechanics class. Part of the problem is that my other classes are also very time demanding that I end up putting classical mechanics off because it is so dry (for me at least). The other reason I can think of is that I took freshman physics at a community college and I pretty much didn't pay any attention and didn't put any work into it (and now I am paying for it).

So now I am at a phase where I can read the textbook and do some of the easy examples, but when it comes to almost all of the actually problems, it seems like I can't figure out how to apply the concepts.

Since my time is extremely tight this quarter, I am trying to figure out the best way to be efficient and catch up. Any ideas?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 11, 2009 #2

whs

Get another book, find one with really good reviews. Or, go into the book store and look at the problems yourself.

Take it one step at a time, and take notes, straight from the book. After you get done with a chapter, see if you remember the concepts, and then re-read your notes.

Or of course, ask your professor for help.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook