Air speed after it passes a tunnel

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Alpha_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Air Speed
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Alpha_42
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hey guys, i am new to this subject and need some help. The idea is that in area AxB there is a constant airspeed of for example 6 m/s. I would like a formula or another way I can calculate the airspeed at area ExB. I hope you guys can help me out. Thanks.

Marc_Tunnel.jpg
If image is not visible it is on : "https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByEctI_l9fr_QmRJQkZualBWWWs/view?usp=sharing"
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I cannot be certain what your exact problem is, but for fluid flow near a boundary layer, Navier-Stokes equations can be used. Some good worked examples and a far better description of how to apply the NS equation can be found in 'Elemetary Fluid Dynamics' by D.J. Acheson