1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Algebra/trigonometry based physics

1. Sep 22, 2011 #1
    so im taking a algebra/trigonometry based physics course
    at first i thought this class wouldn't be too difficult but i underestimated it
    anyways the class doesn't use a textbook, althought they do recommend physics 4th edition by james s walker, but the book costs 150 at my school and i dont have the money for that. we use these packets or modules the professor makes us buy from the bookstore at my school but i feel like these packets aren't helping me in understanding the physics we've covered so far
    so far we've only gone through 1 dimensional and 2 dimensional kinematics/motion, and we just started forces
    does anyone know any only free online physics books i can download or useful websites
    i really just want something to use as a reference and study, instead of the packets

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 22, 2011 #2
    I would get anything the professor recommends. In my experience, these packets usually help a lot for tests. As for free Alg based Physics texts, try this:

http://www.lightandmatter.com/lm/

4. Sep 24, 2011 #3
    this is great!!! thanks!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook