ANSYS Workbench - How to obtain vibration data/magnitude?

In summary, to set up a vibration analysis in ANSYS Workbench, you will need to create a new project, import your geometry, and add a modal analysis system. Once the analysis is complete, you can view and extract the data in the "Results" tab. The vibration magnitude settings can be changed in the "Systems" tab, and the data can be visualized through animation in the "Results" tab. You can also compare vibration data from different analyses using the "Compare Results" feature.
kb24
Hi, i am currently doing a simulation of rotating propeller using ANSYS Workbench v13. May i know how to obtain vibration data? coz i only able to obtain stress, strain & etc for solution..

I am currently using static structural analysis only. Do i have to use random vibration analysis?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Me too doing experiments in shaker.

I have many doubts regarding measuring the frequency in a shaker. Can you please share your experiments with me?

i currently just started to learn using ansys workbench.. i learn through youtube().. hope this would help abit.. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How do I set up a vibration analysis in ANSYS Workbench?

To set up a vibration analysis in ANSYS Workbench, you will need to first create a new project and import your geometry. Then, you can add a modal analysis system to your project by going to the "Systems" tab and selecting "Modal" from the drop-down menu. From there, you can define your desired vibration settings and run the analysis.

2. How can I obtain vibration data from my analysis in ANSYS Workbench?

Once you have completed your vibration analysis, you can view and extract the vibration data by going to the "Results" tab and selecting "Vibration" from the drop-down menu. This will display a graph of the vibration magnitude over time, and you can also export the data in various formats for further analysis.

3. Can I change the vibration magnitude settings in ANSYS Workbench?

Yes, you can change the vibration magnitude settings in ANSYS Workbench by going to the "Systems" tab and selecting "Modal" from the drop-down menu. From there, you can adjust the frequency range, number of modes, and other settings to customize your analysis and obtain specific vibration data.

4. How can I visualize the vibration data in ANSYS Workbench?

In addition to viewing the vibration data in a graph form, you can also visualize it in ANSYS Workbench by going to the "Results" tab and selecting "Vibration" from the drop-down menu. This will display an animation of the vibration in your model, allowing you to better understand the behavior and identify any potential issues.

5. Is there a way to compare vibration data from different analyses in ANSYS Workbench?

Yes, you can compare vibration data from different analyses in ANSYS Workbench by using the "Compare Results" feature. This can be accessed by right-clicking on the "Results" tab and selecting "Compare Results" from the drop-down menu. This will allow you to overlay and compare vibration data from different analyses for a more comprehensive understanding of your model's behavior.