Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

ANSYS workbench-surface load parametrize

1. Dec 20, 2011 #1
    Hello all,

I have a problem in ANSYS workbench. I have modeled a curved hollow cylinder and I have divided the top face(ring shaped) into various sections as shown in the attachment picture. I am applying surface loads on those sections/surfaces. Is there a way that I can make the load move from one section to the other by changing an angle thereby parameterizing the load location? Right now I am manually selecting a load in a section and then removing an re applying to next section and its taking a lot of time. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Sameer Jade

Attached Files:

• Bone.png
      Bone.png
      File size:
      15.4 KB
      Views:
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 20, 2011 #2

nvn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Sameer_1987: I do not know of a way to fully parameterize it, but perhaps the following steps might help a little.
    1. You can create a different load set on each section. Therefore, you would have load set 1, load set 2, etc. (No need to delete nor move any loads, once you create them.)

2. Afterwards, in your boundary condition set menu, you can select load set 1, then run your analysis.

3. After step 2, go back into your above boundary condition set menu, change load set 1 to load set 2, then run your analysis.

4. Repeat step 3 for load set 3, 4, 5, etc.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  4. Dec 20, 2011 #3
    Hello nvn,

Thank you for your reply. By that, do you mean applying surface loads on all those sections/surfaces and if i am simulating for 1st section then un-suppress the load on the 1st section and suppress the loads on all other sections and so on for all other sections?

Sameer

5. Dec 20, 2011 #4

nvn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Sameer_1987: I am not sure, but I envisioned that you would have a boundary condition set menu. In that menu, I envisioned that there would be an input field for load set number. In the load set number field, enter 1 for load set 1; this is step 2 in post 2. For step 3 in post 2, change 1 to 2 in the load set number field. Does this help clarify post 2? You are not really suppressing or unsuppressing, per se. You are just selecting one of the load sets by entering 1, 2, 3, etc., in the load set number field. Does Ansys Workbench have a boundary condition set menu like this, or something to that effect?

6. Dec 20, 2011 #5
    Hello nvn,

I do have a boundary condition menu. But there is not an option for inserting a load set number to my knowledge. We can select any surface or point in the volume and apply a force to it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook