Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Anti-particle is particle that moves back in time ?

1. Feb 24, 2017 #1
    Anti-particle is particle that moves back in time ? Jonh Wheeler has an argument about it ?
    Is this really true ?
    How this works ?
    Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 24, 2017 #2

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

No it is not. Mathematically there are some similarities in some models, but that is all.

4. Feb 24, 2017 #3
    I am sad :( I didnt expect this answer...

5. Feb 24, 2017 #4

Drakkith

There are a great many "hypothetical ideas" that get lobbed around in science. Almost none of them get beyond the hypothetical stage, but they often attract the attention of amateurs and crackpots and, because many of these ideas sound really cool, they tend to get shared more than the mainstream models and ideas.

6. Feb 24, 2017 #5
    We can make or collect some kinds of antiparticles such as positrons which now have routine applications such as PET scans in hospitals.
    This is obviously not possible if the positrons used have to come from the future, after then scan has been done.

7. Feb 24, 2017 #6
    I see...well thanks :)

8. Feb 24, 2017 #7

OCR

An anti-particle always move forward in anti-time...[COLOR=#black].[/COLOR]:ok:

:oldwink:[COLOR=#black] .[/COLOR]...nhoJ seod os ,tcaf sa siht wonk I

9. Feb 24, 2017 #8
    Anti-time ????

10. Feb 24, 2017 #9

Drakkith

I expect that was a joke on OCR's part.

11. Feb 24, 2017 #10

OCR

Yes, however, the explanation only exist in the future, but I can give you a preview...[COLOR=#black].[/COLOR] :oldsmile:

12. Feb 24, 2017 #11

OCR

Yes, it was a joke on me... lol

13. Feb 24, 2017 #12

OCR

This part is really true, Arman777... it was a postulate, proposed by John Wheeler to Richard Feynman, alluding to the one-electron universe...[COLOR=#black].[/COLOR] :oldcool:

So... no need to be sad...[COLOR=#black] [/COLOR]:ok:

14. Feb 25, 2017 #13
    I heard that.But ita not a correct idea..

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted