1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Any book or website recommendations for learning physics?

1. May 13, 2015 #1
    Hi! I'm in high school and I'm really interested by physics and I want to learn about it myself over the summer. I really want to enter competitions as well if I am able to understand the material well. If you have any recommendations, I would love to hear about them as well as your experiences with physics competitions!
    Thank you :)

2. jcsd
  3. May 14, 2015 #2

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Check out our STEM Learning Materials forum:

https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/stem-learning-materials.160/ [Broken]

Lots of links and discussion there.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  4. May 14, 2015 #3

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

From PF's main page, look at the two forums that have been highlighted here:

1u6Rll.jpg

Zz.

5. May 14, 2015 #4

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Tell us in detail what math you know and what physics you know.

6. May 16, 2015 #5
    youtube channels tackle the basics really hard and are a greater teaching tool. Princeton Review's AP Physics B Review Book was my best friend in learning physics in my early years. Learning physics is far from an overnight task. If you want to be a competitive at the high school level, you MUST learn calculus. I'll never understand some kids learn calculus at such an early age, but they are always the most successful competitors. Seems like a very ambitious goal, but go for it!

7. May 20, 2015 #6
    I'm currently taking Pre-calculus in high school but I learned Calculus in 7th grade and I don't know any physics but I am taking AP Physics next year.

8. May 20, 2015 #7
    Thank you so much :) I'm definitely going for it!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook