Any book or website recommendations for learning physics?

Hi! I'm in high school and I'm really interested by physics and I want to learn about it myself over the summer. I really want to enter competitions as well if I am able to understand the material well. If you have any recommendations, I would love to hear about them as well as your experiences with physics competitions!
Thank you :)

jtbell

Mentor
Check out our STEM Learning Materials forum:

https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/stem-learning-materials.160/ [Broken]

Lots of links and discussion there.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
2018 Award
Hi! I'm in high school and I'm really interested by physics and I want to learn about it myself over the summer. I really want to enter competitions as well if I am able to understand the material well. If you have any recommendations, I would love to hear about them as well as your experiences with physics competitions!
From PF's main page, look at the two forums that have been highlighted here:

1u6Rll.jpg

Zz.

Tell us in detail what math you know and what physics you know.

youtube channels tackle the basics really hard and are a greater teaching tool. Princeton Review's AP Physics B Review Book was my best friend in learning physics in my early years. Learning physics is far from an overnight task. If you want to be a competitive at the high school level, you MUST learn calculus. I'll never understand some kids learn calculus at such an early age, but they are always the most successful competitors. Seems like a very ambitious goal, but go for it!

Tell us in detail what math you know and what physics you know.
I'm currently taking Pre-calculus in high school but I learned Calculus in 7th grade and I don't know any physics but I am taking AP Physics next year.

youtube channels tackle the basics really hard and are a greater teaching tool. Princeton Review's AP Physics B Review Book was my best friend in learning physics in my early years. Learning physics is far from an overnight task. If you want to be a competitive at the high school level, you MUST learn calculus. I'll never understand some kids learn calculus at such an early age, but they are always the most successful competitors. Seems like a very ambitious goal, but go for it!
Thank you so much :) I'm definitely going for it!