Any recommendation for started physics book (to generate interest)

In summary, there are many great books for beginners in physics, such as "The Feynman Lectures on Physics" by Richard P. Feynman. Non-scientists can also find accessible options like "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking and "Seven Brief Lessons on Physics" by Carlo Rovelli. High school students may benefit from "Conceptual Physics" by Paul G. Hewitt, while "The Cartoon Guide to Physics" by Larry Gonick and Art Huffman offers hands-on experiments. To find a physics book that suits your interests, you can browse through bookstores or online retailers and read reviews, or ask for recommendations from others.
serverxeon
as a present for a grade 8 junior,

something basic yet interesting enough to spark her interest.

any suggestions

thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Try Paul Hewitt book conceptual physics, I heard it's best for all ages:
http://www.conceptualphysics.com/pghewitt.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:

I highly recommend the book "A Short History of Nearly Everything" by Bill Bryson. This book covers a wide range of topics in physics, from the origins of the universe to the latest discoveries in the field. It is written in a captivating and engaging style that is perfect for a grade 8 junior. Additionally, the book includes fun and interesting anecdotes that will surely spark her interest in physics. I believe this book will not only generate interest in physics, but also in other areas of science. I hope your junior enjoys it!

1. What is a good beginner's book for physics?

One highly recommended book for beginners in physics is "The Feynman Lectures on Physics" by Richard P. Feynman. It covers a wide range of topics in an engaging and accessible manner.

2. Are there any physics books that are easy to understand for non-scientists?

Yes, there are many physics books that are written specifically for non-scientists. Some popular options include "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking and "Seven Brief Lessons on Physics" by Carlo Rovelli.

3. Which physics books are best for high school students?

For high school students, "Conceptual Physics" by Paul G. Hewitt is a great option. It presents concepts in an easy-to-understand and engaging way, without requiring advanced math skills.

4. Is there a physics book that includes hands-on experiments?

Yes, "The Cartoon Guide to Physics" by Larry Gonick and Art Huffman includes experiments and activities that help readers understand the concepts in a fun and interactive way.

5. What is the best way to find a physics book that suits my interests?

One way to find a physics book that aligns with your interests is to browse through bookstores or online retailers and read reviews and synopses of different books. You can also ask for recommendations from friends, teachers, or online communities.