Any suggestions for NYC schools?

In summary, the individual has decided to save up money and continue learning economics, finance, and weight training for the next year. After that, they plan to go back to school and double major in chemistry and physics. They are looking for a school in NYC, preferably in Manhattan or Queens, with affordable tuition and night/weekend classes. They are not interested in online courses and are willing to be flexible on the cost per credit. They have heard that City College of New York is a reputable school and meets their requirements. They are also curious about how long it takes to understand the material and if it's possible to master one thing before moving on.
CuriousBanker
So I have decided what I am going to do (for now...this will probably change 500 times throughout the course of my life. I'll take a tentative plan over no plan for now). For the next year I will save up some money, and keep learning economics/finance/weight training. After that I want to go back to school. I do not want a BS because I do not want to take core classes...I am simply doing this for knowledge. I would like a BS actually, I am just unsure if colleges will allow me to take my core classes from my BBA in economics and apply them towards the Gen Ed requirements for a BS in chem/physics.

ANyway, so here is what I am looking to do:

I want to double major in chemistry and physics. I want to take 2 classes a semester, 2 semesters a year and possibly summer classes. I figure I can do 5 classes a year, and probably learn enough from doing that in 5-6 years, that when I am 30 I can go for an MS in whatever I am more interested in, and then possibly quit finance and go for a PhD in whatever the heck I am interested in then. There is a solid chance I will not make it all the way to PhD...not even sure if I am smart enough to do that, but I do want an MS at some point. I just want to learn. I don't have much interest in astrophysics, or history of science. Also, I don't really want to spend a lot of money, because I probably won't ever really use in my career.

So I need a school in NYC (preferably manhattan [more specifically near midtown], possibly queens), where it would not cost me more than $400 per credit (I guess I can be a little flexible on this), where there are night classes and weekend classes available and I don't want to take online courses (I can't concentrate on them). I know this is specific, and I know I am being a little lazy by not just searching myself, but I figured I would try this out first before searching.

Side note...how long does it take you all before you feel like you 'get it'? Is it going to be confusing at first? Is it hard to master one thing before moving on? My concern is I am going to take two classes, and be like "damn, why don't I understand the world yet?" haha.

Any way, thanks for any advice.

Physics news on Phys.org
From your description in your post, it sounds like the City College of New York will fit your requirements.

http://www1.ccny.cuny.edu/

From the tuition section, it appears that for non-registered students, courses are $340 per credit.

BTW, I am not from NYC, but I have read previously that City College has a great reputation.

1. What are the top performing schools in NYC?

The top performing schools in NYC are often determined by their graduation rates, test scores, and college acceptance rates. Some of the top performing schools in NYC include Stuyvesant High School, Bronx High School of Science, and Brooklyn Technical High School.

2. How do I find a good school in a specific neighborhood?

You can start by researching schools in the specific neighborhood you are interested in. Look at their academic performance, extracurricular activities, and any other factors that are important to you. You can also reach out to the local school district for recommendations.

3. Are there any specialized schools in NYC?

Yes, NYC offers a variety of specialized schools such as performing arts schools, STEM-focused schools, and schools for students with special needs. These schools often have specific admissions requirements and may require an entrance exam or audition.

4. What should I consider when choosing a school for my child?

There are several factors to consider when choosing a school for your child, such as the school's academic performance, extracurricular activities, location, and school culture. It's important to also involve your child in the decision-making process and consider their individual needs and interests.

5. How can I stay updated on my child's progress in school?

Most schools in NYC have an online portal where parents can access their child's grades, attendance, and other important information. You can also schedule meetings with your child's teachers or attend parent-teacher conferences to discuss their progress in school.