Anyone ever use a Labjack with LabVIEW?

• Thread starter G01
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with measuring voltage on an input jack that always shows a voltage reading, even when it is grounded or given a 0V input. The individual asks for help from anyone who has experience with this device, and wonders if it can be fixed or if they need to find a workaround. Another person mentions their experience with Labview and suggests that the hardware may be faulty or leaky. The original poster explains that the issue only occurs with small applied voltages. Another person suggests that the issue may be with the impedance and provides a link to a forum discussion on the topic.
G01
Homework Helper
Gold Member
If anyone has, then I sure can use some help. I'n trying to measure a voltaage with one of the inputs on the jack and I keep getting screwed up measurements since the Input always has some voltage on it no matter what. Even if I apply 0V to it, it will still measure around 1.28V. Does anyone here who has used this device have any idea how to fix this, or do I just have to nwork around it? Thanks alot.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I went to GD out of habit and posted here! Could someone please move this to the correct forum? Thanks again!

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Even if you ground it its still showing 1.2v?

What about when you hook up a voltage, does it scale linearly? (5v input shows 6.2v)?

I have some labview experience, but if youre getting readings perhaps its faulty or leaky hardware.

Thats the weird thing. When I hook up a voltage of 5V, the thing reads 5V!

I only see this other voltage when the applied voltage is small. I really have no idea what's wrong, here.

Sounds like you are talking about the LabJack U12. Sounds like your signal has too much impedance and can't properly drive the U12 analog inputs. See the following from our forum:

http://www.labjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=889"

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Anyone ever use a Labjack with LabVIEW?

1. How do I connect a Labjack device to LabVIEW?

To connect a Labjack device to LabVIEW, you will need to install the Labjack drivers and the LabVIEW add-on for Labjack. Once these are installed, you can use the Labjack VIs in LabVIEW to communicate with the device.

2. Can I use multiple Labjack devices with LabVIEW?

Yes, you can use multiple Labjack devices with LabVIEW. Each device will need to be connected to a different USB port on your computer and you will need to use the appropriate VIs and settings for each device.

3. How do I read data from the Labjack device in LabVIEW?

To read data from the Labjack device in LabVIEW, you will need to use the appropriate VIs for the type of data you want to read (analog, digital, counter, etc.). These VIs will allow you to read the data and display it in LabVIEW.

4. Can I control the Labjack device using LabVIEW?

Yes, you can control the Labjack device using LabVIEW. The Labjack VIs in LabVIEW allow you to send commands to the device, such as turning on or off digital outputs, setting analog outputs, and configuring the device's settings.

5. Are there any tutorials or resources available for using a Labjack with LabVIEW?

Yes, there are many tutorials and resources available for using a Labjack with LabVIEW. You can find tutorials and documentation on the Labjack website, as well as on various online forums and communities dedicated to LabVIEW and Labjack. You can also consult the Labjack user manual for more detailed instructions.