1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Anyone heard of a book titled S=k ln W ?

1. Jan 6, 2013 #1
    Anyone heard of a book titled "S=k ln W"?

Hi,

An old prof. of mine suggested an SM book he read in grad school that was titled "S=k ln W". He didn't remember the author, but said it was pretty short (~100 pages) and was a really good read for a grad class in SM. I've been trying to find this book, but no luck so far, I can't even find any mention of it online. Anyone heard of this book or possibly know who the author is?

-Adam

P.S. He is german, so there is a chance that this book might have been in german and could have been published under another name in english.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 7, 2013 #2
    Re: Anyone heard of a book titled "S=k ln W"?

What do you mean by SM, Statistical Mechanics.

4. Jan 7, 2013 #3
    Re: Anyone heard of a book titled "S=k ln W"?

Other than the equation being the work of Ludwig Boltzmann, and him being a bit of a big cheese in the field of statistical mechanics I can't help. I've done a quick google and I can't find a list of Boltzmann's publications, but maybe this was something of his?

5. Jan 11, 2013 #4
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook