Anyone heard of a book titled S=k ln W ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter arwright3
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Book Ln
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
arwright3
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Anyone heard of a book titled "S=k ln W"?

Hi,

An old prof. of mine suggested an SM book he read in grad school that was titled "S=k ln W". He didn't remember the author, but said it was pretty short (~100 pages) and was a really good read for a grad class in SM. I've been trying to find this book, but no luck so far, I can't even find any mention of it online. Anyone heard of this book or possibly know who the author is?

-Adam

P.S. He is german, so there is a chance that this book might have been in german and could have been published under another name in english.
 
Physics news on Phys.org


What do you mean by SM, Statistical Mechanics.
 


Other than the equation being the work of Ludwig Boltzmann, and him being a bit of a big cheese in the field of statistical mechanics I can't help. I've done a quick google and I can't find a list of Boltzmann's publications, but maybe this was something of his?