Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Anyone here ever watch arrested development?

1. May 6, 2008 #1
    And if so, have you ever noticed how much Buster looks like Ed Witten?

2. jcsd
  3. May 6, 2008 #2

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Yes and yes.

AD was one of the best shows ever. It probably was a good thing, after all, that it had a short life, because toward the end it was drifting toward formulaic. But yes, Witten looks like a fatter buster. Kinda talks the same too. Just imagine Ed putting his hands up to his ears in a panic attack, saying "oh god."

4. May 6, 2008 #3
    I have not watched tv in over a year....:frown:

Not really missing it though. When you waste time on the internet you read and watch interesting things. You dont get that with tv.

5. May 6, 2008 #4

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Arrested development was AWESOME!! Isn't there meant to be a movie coming out sometime?

And yea, I get what you mean about Buster and Witten!

6. May 6, 2008 #5
    hahahaha. god that show was amazing.

7. May 6, 2008 #6
    Let me take off my actor pants, and pull on my analrapist stocking...

8. May 6, 2008 #7
    yup, one of the best comedies ever, shame they took it off. but I hear they are making a movie

9. May 6, 2008 #8

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

:rofl:

Oh Tobias' business cards!!

10. May 6, 2008 #9

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

They hinted at making a movie at the end of the last episode. Ron Howard was the producer and narrator of the series, and he produces and directs movies too. And...oh my god...it's announced as a 2009 release on IMDB!
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0901469/

her?

11. May 6, 2008 #10
    I haven't seen this show yet, but I've been meaning to. I never seem to know when it is on. I hope to catch it sometime, everyone I talk to seems to love it :smile:

12. May 6, 2008 #11
    The show is Godly, epic, etc. etc.

13. May 6, 2008 #12
    Awesome show!

14. May 7, 2008 #13

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

One of the reasons it had to be cancelled is that it could not "build" an audience. You need to get the DVD of the 1st season, and start with the long version of the pilot (they aired the shorter version of the pilot). Too many jokes require that you have seen the previous episodes. Some of the joke references in the 2nd and 3rd seasons call back to the first season. And there are lots of running jokes that are not funny if you don't watch the episodes in proper sequence.

So no one could just start watching AD and still "get it." Only 4 million viewers in the US would watch regularly, and that is a meager market share.

15. May 7, 2008 #14
    Ok, thanks! I'll for sure get the first season and watch it, and go from there. I'll have to watch it a few times, though, to get most of the jokes, lol. :biggrin:

16. May 7, 2008 #15
    Yup. But while this made the show less popular it also made it better. Just like scrubs. Most people can't fully appreciate it if they haven't been following it since day one. Luckily the owner put the episodes on hulu so everyone can see them. (It's not illegal, it's an ad supported tv website). I'd link directly to the Arrested Development page but I don't know if linking is forbidden or not. Google hulu though if you want to see it.

17. May 7, 2008 #16
    Oh, sure thing there. I forgot about that website, lol. Looks like I'll have plenty of thigs to watch now :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?