Anyone here ever watch arrested development?

• Thread starter DeadWolfe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    watch
In summary: Arrested Development was AWESOME! Isn't there meant to be a movie coming out sometime?And yea, I get what you mean about Buster and Witten!And if so, have you ever noticed how much Buster looks like Ed Witten?Yes and yes.
DeadWolfe
And if so, have you ever noticed how much Buster looks like Ed Witten?

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes and yes.

AD was one of the best shows ever. It probably was a good thing, after all, that it had a short life, because toward the end it was drifting toward formulaic. But yes, Witten looks like a fatter buster. Kinda talks the same too. Just imagine Ed putting his hands up to his ears in a panic attack, saying "oh god."

I have not watched tv in over a year...:frown:

Not really missing it though. When you waste time on the internet you read and watch interesting things. You don't get that with tv.

Arrested development was AWESOME! Isn't there meant to be a movie coming out sometime?

And yea, I get what you mean about Buster and Witten!

DeadWolfe said:
And if so, have you ever noticed how much Buster looks like Ed Witten?

hahahaha. god that show was amazing.

Let me take off my actor pants, and pull on my analrapist stocking...

yup, one of the best comedies ever, shame they took it off. but I hear they are making a movie

quadraphonics said:
Let me take off my actor pants, and pull on my analrapist stocking...

:rofl:

Oh Tobias' business cards!

They hinted at making a movie at the end of the last episode. Ron Howard was the producer and narrator of the series, and he produces and directs movies too. And...oh my god...it's announced as a 2009 release on IMDB!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0901469/

her?

I haven't seen this show yet, but I've been meaning to. I never seem to know when it is on. I hope to catch it sometime, everyone I talk to seems to love it :smile:

The show is Godly, epic, etc. etc.

Awesome show!

mcknia07 said:
I haven't seen this show yet, but I've been meaning to. I never seem to know when it is on. I hope to catch it sometime, everyone I talk to seems to love it :smile:

One of the reasons it had to be canceled is that it could not "build" an audience. You need to get the DVD of the 1st season, and start with the long version of the pilot (they aired the shorter version of the pilot). Too many jokes require that you have seen the previous episodes. Some of the joke references in the 2nd and 3rd seasons call back to the first season. And there are lots of running jokes that are not funny if you don't watch the episodes in proper sequence.

So no one could just start watching AD and still "get it." Only 4 million viewers in the US would watch regularly, and that is a meager market share.

Chi Meson said:
One of the reasons it had to be canceled is that it could not "build" an audience. You need to get the DVD of the 1st season, and start with the long version of the pilot (they aired the shorter version of the pilot). Too many jokes require that you have seen the previous episodes. Some of the joke references in the 2nd and 3rd seasons call back to the first season. And there are lots of running jokes that are not funny if you don't watch the episodes in proper sequence.

So no one could just start watching AD and still "get it." Only 4 million viewers in the US would watch regularly, and that is a meager market share.

Ok, thanks! I'll for sure get the first season and watch it, and go from there. I'll have to watch it a few times, though, to get most of the jokes, lol. :biggrin:

Chi Meson said:

Yup. But while this made the show less popular it also made it better. Just like scrubs. Most people can't fully appreciate it if they haven't been following it since day one. Luckily the owner put the episodes on hulu so everyone can see them. (It's not illegal, it's an ad supported tv website). I'd link directly to the Arrested Development page but I don't know if linking is forbidden or not. Google hulu though if you want to see it.

RocketSurgery said:
Yup. But while this made the show less popular it also made it better. Just like scrubs. Most people can't fully appreciate it if they haven't been following it since day one. Luckily the owner put the episodes on hulu so everyone can see them. (It's not illegal, it's an ad supported tv website). I'd link directly to the Arrested Development page but I don't know if linking is forbidden or not. Google hulu though if you want to see it.

Oh, sure thing there. I forgot about that website, lol. Looks like I'll have plenty of thigs to watch now :biggrin:

1. What is Arrested Development?

Arrested Development is a critically acclaimed American television sitcom that originally aired from 2003 to 2006. It follows the dysfunctional Bluth family and their mishaps after their wealthy patriarch is arrested for white-collar crime.

2. Who created Arrested Development?

Arrested Development was created by Mitchell Hurwitz and originally aired on Fox. It was later picked up by Netflix for a fourth season in 2013 and a fifth season in 2018.

3. Who are the main characters in Arrested Development?

The main characters in Arrested Development are Michael Bluth, George Bluth Sr., Lucille Bluth, Gob Bluth, Lindsay Bluth Fünke, Buster Bluth, George Michael Bluth, Maeby Fünke, and Tobias Fünke.

4. What makes Arrested Development unique?

Arrested Development is known for its sharp and clever writing, as well as its use of meta-humor and recurring jokes and gags. The show also features a talented ensemble cast and uses flashbacks and cutaways to add depth to the story.

5. Is Arrested Development still airing new episodes?

As of now, there are no plans for new episodes of Arrested Development. However, the show has gained a cult following and is available to stream on Netflix, making it easily accessible for new viewers to discover and enjoy.