1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Anyone interested in a study group for 8.04 Quantum Physics I from MIT

1. Aug 28, 2014 #1
    MIT OCW recently posted their introductory quantum class 8.04 at

http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/physics/8-04-quantum-physics-i-spring-2013/

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in going through the course. I'm primarily studying it to get ready for the MIT MOOC 8.05x Quantum Physics II coming to edx in February, which I can't wait to take. As of now the plan is to do one lecture a week (so half the speed of the real course) since everyone has jobs, school, family, etc that get in the way of trying to do it at an MIT student's pace. If anyone is interested, we have a phpBB forum setup for discussion of 8.04, though there is almost no traffic there right now.

http://804quantum.forumotion.com/

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 1, 2014 #2
    I'm sorry you are not finding help at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us?

4. Sep 1, 2014 #3
    I started it out with a few of us who take math and physics MOOCs on coursera and edx, but everyone's too busy and it looks like no one else wants to do the course. I'm just doing it on my own and I think I'll come here when I have questions. I have been writing PDF notes (for some reason writing notes really helps me learn), so I might post those later on, but right now I'm only two lectures into a 24 lecture course. I think I'm probably just going to take that forum down.

5. Sep 1, 2014 #4
    I've taken the class, but I plan to go through and review QM1 and QM2 using the MIT courses. My work schedule is really erratic, so I may end up doing a lot for a couple of weeks, then nothing for a couple. I am, by the way, using the book by Liboff.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook