Anyone know about BIRT Visualization Software?

In summary, the conversation was about the availability of Tableau for free and a recommendation for BIRT as a substitute. The speaker asked for opinions on BIRT and whether it would be acceptable for a Data Analysis position. They also mentioned not getting much information from their search and apologizing for appearing lazy.
WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hi All,
I would like to learn Tableau , but AFAIK, it is not available for free beyond a trial basis.
I have heard of BIRT https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BIRT_Project as a freeware substitute.
Has anyone tried it or heard something from people who have used it?
Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
For a BIRT review by a company involved in the project, including strengths and weaknesses of BIRT, take a look at Innovent Solutions.

Likes WWGD
WWGD said:
Thanks, Quantum, any chance you know if this would be acceptable for a Data Analysis position?

I don't really know about this. I think that it needs some search ;)

QuantumQuest said:
I don't really know about this. I think that it needs some search ;)
I understand, I don't mean to be lazy, I did not get much from my search, but will continue trying. Sorry.

What is BIRT Visualization Software?

BIRT (Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools) Visualization Software is an open-source software used for creating data visualizations and reports. It is a part of the Eclipse Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools project.

What are the main features of BIRT Visualization Software?

BIRT Visualization Software offers a variety of features including data visualization tools, customizable charts and graphs, interactive dashboards, and the ability to integrate with various data sources.

Is BIRT Visualization Software free to use?

Yes, BIRT Visualization Software is an open-source software and is free to use for both personal and commercial purposes.

What types of data sources can be used with BIRT Visualization Software?

BIRT Visualization Software can work with various data sources including relational databases, flat files, XML data, and web services.

Is BIRT Visualization Software suitable for non-technical users?

While BIRT Visualization Software does require some technical knowledge to set up and use, it also offers a user-friendly drag-and-drop interface that makes it accessible for non-technical users to create visualizations and reports.