Anyone know where I can get busts?

• Thread starter solarblast
  • Start date
In summary, busts are sculptures or statues of a person's head, neck, and sometimes shoulders, made from materials such as clay, marble, or bronze. They can be found at art galleries, antique shops, or online retailers. Busts have been around since ancient times, used to honor gods and important figures. They can serve various purposes, including decoration, education, or commemoration. There are different types of busts, such as half-busts and full-busts, and their care depends on the material they are made of. Consult with a professional for specific care instructions.
solarblast
I'm looking for busts of famous scientists of the past. Faraday, Einstein, ...

Physics news on Phys.org
Ask at a local museum, there are probably specialized providers for these kinds of things. I don't think they would be very cheap, though.

Try that with "faraday busts", "darwin busts", ...

Here you go:

http://priceprobe.co.uk/vintage-faraday-size-42-bust-jacket-black-silver.p12038052

(ha ha!)

Last edited by a moderator:

What are busts and where can I find them?

Busts are sculptures or statues of a person's head, neck, and sometimes shoulders. They can be made from various materials such as clay, marble, or bronze. You can find them at art galleries, antique shops, or online retailers.

What is the history of busts?

Busts have been around since ancient times, with the Egyptians being one of the first civilizations to create them. They were used to honor gods and important figures. During the Renaissance period, busts became popular as a form of portraiture for wealthy individuals.

What are busts used for?

Busts can serve various purposes, such as being decorative pieces in a home or office, or as educational tools in museums. They can also be used to commemorate or honor a specific person or event.

Are there different types of busts?

Yes, there are different types of busts, including half-busts, which only show the head and shoulders, and full-busts, which include the entire upper body. There are also life-size busts, miniature busts, and even busts that are wearable.

How do I take care of a bust?

The care of a bust depends on the material it is made of. Generally, they should be kept away from direct sunlight and extreme temperatures. Dusting regularly and avoiding harsh cleaning chemicals can also help preserve the bust. It is recommended to consult with a professional for specific care instructions for your bust.