Anyone know where i can get help in prolog?

• Thread starter Ian_Brooks
  • Start date
In summary, the individual is interested in taking a course in Artificial Intelligence but has no experience in programming in Prolog. They are looking for resources and help during the semester in Prolog and are also wondering if anyone has taken a similar course before. Additionally, they are seeking recommendations for textbooks as the course has a high failure rate. The suggestion given is to use Google to find Prolog tutorials.
Ian_Brooks
I'm keen on taking a course in Artificial intelligence - however I've never programmed in prolog, - where can i get help during the semester in prolog? Has anyone done a course like this? If so what are your thoughts on it? where could i get help around sydney?

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm taking my AI class next semester but its in C++, but the best resource for you is going to be google.

Type in prolog tutorials, a ton comes up.

thanks man,

but are there any textbooks you guys can recommend? The course has very intense assignments with a 40% failure rate - yes i want to learn the material but pass at the same time.

1. What is Prolog?

Prolog is a programming language that is primarily used for artificial intelligence and symbolic computation. It is based on the concept of logic programming, where programs are written as a set of logical rules and facts.

2. Where can I find help for Prolog?

There are several resources available for getting help with Prolog, including online tutorials, forums, and books. You can also reach out to other Prolog users or join a community of Prolog programmers for support and assistance.

3. Is Prolog difficult to learn?

Prolog can be challenging to learn, especially for those who are new to programming. However, with practice and dedication, anyone can become proficient in Prolog. It is recommended to have a basic understanding of logic and programming concepts before diving into Prolog.

4. What can I use Prolog for?

Prolog is commonly used for tasks that involve symbolic computation, such as natural language processing, expert systems, and constraint solving. It is also useful for applications that require pattern-matching and rule-based reasoning.

5. Are there any limitations to Prolog?

Prolog is a powerful language, but it does have its limitations. It is not suitable for tasks that require a lot of computation or data manipulation, and it can be challenging to debug and maintain larger programs written in Prolog. Additionally, it may not be the best choice for applications that require real-time processing.