Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Anyone reccomend any free Typing Software

1. Jan 12, 2009 #1
    ...that makes it at all fun or goofy? I use a free program now... but it is so mundane :yuck:

Anyone have any good experiences?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 13, 2009 #2
    What do you mean by typing software?

4. Jan 13, 2009 #3
    Oh yeah. I mean "teach me how to type" software. Sorry :smile: I NEED to learn how to type properly (without looking).

Anyone use any cool tutorials or games or what-have-yous?

5. Jan 13, 2009 #4

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Chat all day, all the time. It will come.

Just like using a remote without looking.

6. Jan 13, 2009 #5
    I don't know. I am 29 and I still can't type. And since I am in school= no time for chat :frown:

Plus, when I do chat, I just look anyway... I don't have the patience when I am chatting to not look at the keyboard. But if it is structured... I can deal.

7. Jan 13, 2009 #6
    Place your fingers on the little tabs at the keyboard. You're pointing fingers on each hand go on the respective tabs. The rest is just muscle memory from practice. Hit the enter key with your right hand pinky. Hit the space bar with your left thumb. Hit caps lock, tab and shift with your left pinky. It will come with time. I typed this without looking at the keyboard.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?