AP Calculus AB & Macroeconomics Book Recommendations

In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking recommendations for AP Calculus AB and AP Macroeconomics prep books. The suggested books include Princeton Review, Kaplan's, Barron's, and SparkNotes. The general consensus is that Barron's is the best for APs and SAT Subject Tests, while some prefer Princeton Review for SAT Reasoning. There is also a recommendation for a SparkNotes Calc Reference sheet, but caution against purchasing their Power Packs.
Sakha
I'm taking the AP class on calculus AB, and I want to order a book. Anyone would recommend one?
I think the Princeton Review is the best one, but the Kaplan's and Barron's seems good too, so any opinion would help.

Also I'm taking AP macroeconomics. I know this is not a a topic that people from here read often, but I have the same doubt, Princeton or others?

Thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
For APs and SAT Subject Tests, Barron's is the best, bar none (although I prefer Princeton Review for SAT Reasoning).

Having just taken AP Calc AB, I highly recommend the Barron's text. It's not the only reason I got a 5, but it sure helped.

On a side note, SparkNotes makes a very nice Calc Reference sheet with ALL the formulas you'll ever need for Calc AB. BUT, I strongly advise against those SparkNotes Power Packs, they don't do what they claim to do and are somewhat disorganized (although the little study index cards are cool, the entire package isn't worth it).

And good luck! AP Calc is a lot of fun :smile:.

What is AP Calculus AB and Macroeconomics Book Recommendations?

AP Calculus AB and Macroeconomics Book Recommendations is a list of books that are recommended for students who are taking the AP Calculus AB and Macroeconomics exams. These books provide comprehensive coverage of the material and can help students prepare for the exams.

Why are book recommendations important for these exams?

These exams cover a wide range of topics and can be challenging for students. Having a good book recommendation can provide students with additional resources and practice problems to help them understand the material better and improve their chances of success on the exams.

Are these books suitable for all students?

These books are recommended for students who are taking the AP Calculus AB and Macroeconomics exams. They may not be suitable for students who are not taking these exams or those who are looking for more advanced material.

Where can I find these recommended books?

These books can be found at most major bookstores or online retailers. They may also be available at your school's library or local library.

Can I use these books as my only study material?

While these books are highly recommended, they should not be used as the only study material for these exams. It is important for students to also attend classes, complete practice exams, and seek additional help if needed.