Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Application of wavelets in computational electromagnetics

1. Mar 5, 2014 #1
    Hello everyone,

I am a first year graduate student, wavelets is one of the courses that I am taking presently. As part of the course, I plan to explore application of wavelets in computational electromagnetics (CEM). The idea behind it is to study a few applications where wavelets are used in CEM, code/simulate them and explain their computational advantages over conventional CEM methods like Finite Element,etc. I have a very nominal knowledge of the numerical techniques used in CEM; and time constraints forbid me from exploring or going into depth. Can anybody please suggest a few specific application problems of CEM which I can work on? I understand Maxwell's equations quite well. Also, any references/books/online resources of the suggested application would be extremely helpful to proceed. Thanks a lot for your help.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 7, 2014 #2

UltrafastPED

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Try this search:
    http://azbookfinder.com/search/s.php?q=Wavelet+and+Spectral+Methods+for+Computational+Electromagnetics [Broken]

Then pick one of the books listed as your main resource.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook