Applications of Trig: related acute angles, coordinate plane

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Evangeline101
Messages
112
Reaction score
5

Homework Statement


upload_2016-8-16_20-4-58.png


Homework Equations



none

The Attempt at a Solution


Two possible locations on the coordinate axis for the terminal arm of angle A:
upload_2016-8-16_20-6-57.png


Two possible values for the measure of angle A and the related acute angle:

upload_2016-8-16_20-8-40.png


Can someone please tell me if I did this correctly?
 
Attachments
  • upload_2016-8-16_20-5-31.png
    upload_2016-8-16_20-5-31.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 497
Physics news on Phys.org
Evangeline101 said:

Homework Statement


View attachment 104789

Homework Equations



none

The Attempt at a Solution


Two possible locations on the coordinate axis for the terminal arm of angle A:
View attachment 104791

Two possible values for the measure of angle A and the related acute angle:

View attachment 104792

Can someone please tell me if I did this correctly?
That looks good.

Are you instructed to round to the nearest 0.1° ?
 
SammyS said:
Are you instructed to round to the nearest 0.1° ?

No, I haven't been instructed to do so, but I usually put the rounded number in brackets just in case...
 
SammyS said:
That looks good.

Anyway, thanks for verifying my answer :)