Are arabic values a threat to America?

• Thread starter superwolf
  • Start date
Of what value is a value? Is it a measurable quantity? In what units is it measured?

For those who insist the question is about Arabic rather than Islamic tradition, this is the one I like most. It's somewhat equivalent to "keep 'em barefoot and pregnant."

http://www.circlist.com/femalecirc/pharaonic.html" [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
just in case, check out this link

http://www.prophetmuhammadleadership.org/Prophet%20Muhammad%20Pattern%20of%20Communication%20toward%20Women.htm" [Broken]

I must say, that violence against women is a worldwide problem, and men [aggressive ones] don’t usually wait for a permission or an excuse to slap them, do they?

It is true that it is a problem around the world, but at least western countries make honest attempts at dealing with the problem.

With regards to that link, that maybe what it says but that is not the reality of what is happening. In Saudi Arabia women are not allowed to drive, and women in general around the muslim world are treated like property, and in effect have no rights at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
neu
Rational debate is a threat to america

Why is it that people always criticise things happening in other countries but rarely look at things happening in their own country? I'm sure it's true that certain islamic countries mistreat their women, although I think it varies hugely from country to country and isn't a universal islamic trait. In any case this doesn't seem as bad as for example the US government installing the Shah in Iran or supporting the coo that lead to a terrible dictatorship in Nicaragua.

I once even saw a discussion forum with the Iranian president in a US university where someone asked "how can you justify the use of capital punishment in your country?". How can someone criticise another country for mistreating women when they kill people by strapping them into a chair and basically burning them to death. That's no better than a stoning.

Rational debate is a threat to america
Please explain.

OmCheeto
Gold Member
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

yes indeed, it's just funny that no one here would think of it the other way round, just prepared to slam arabs
No one? I've thought that for quite some time. In fact, every time I turn on my TV I think to myself; "If this crap is any indication of our society, then it's no wonder aliens never come to visit. What a pathetic load of garbage."

And no, I did not turn my TV on this last weekend to make sure it still works.

drizzle
Gold Member
Sounds like you insist to talk about Saudi Arabia [since it’s mentioned twice] thus, I must say what I know

It is true that it is a problem around the world, but at least western countries make honest attempts at dealing with the problem.

So tell me, any progress? at the end it still didn’t fade away, men should work on their MORALLS, any other attempts is worthless whether it’s western or asian countries you’re talking about, besides that was one case, if you want the real talk give me a percentage of how many women in what you call [civilized western countries] get beated and busted by guys and I guarantee you will be shocked to know the parallel percentage in Saudi Arabia.

still, you know the [smacking] thing, there are boundaries, as you know [if you do know] the law there is based on the instructions and guidance of the prophet peace be upon him along with the Quran, you may google about it and see yourself.
I didn’t claim that they don’t overcome the limits, some may do, but as I said that is worldwide men dilemma.

With regards to that link, that maybe what it says but that is not the reality of what is happening.
I’ll take that as if you would clear Islam from being charged of this! since the one how started this thread and your link apparently tied Islam to the Arab peoples’ actions.

In Saudi Arabia women are not allowed to drive, and women in general around the muslim world are treated like property, and in effect have no rights at all.

That’s somehow a misinformed idea, the government is working on this, to let’em do so [drive] only those over the age of 30 are allowed I guess, you may say @%$#!! but hey, you should put in mind that every nation around the world have something called culture and tradition, it isn’t easy to let, all of a sudden, the women drive when the society is not prepared to accept that yet! [note: some tribes who lived in the desert or far from the main cities, do actually have women drive their cars, I’ve been there], for the other part of your statement [treated like property]…chee, you sure wana this to last long, however, I have friends from there you may never believe this but they are treated like princesses, besides each lady can own a car [change the model every now and then] and hire a driver, and you may get shocked of this; some of them are not working [I mean they don’t have jobs to afford such a thing], most of them think; why would I, everything I may ask for I just get it [the family afford it], off course if she wana work she may. also she don’t have to pay anything bills or anything even the bill of her own cell phone!! only if she likes to help the family by her well, but sometimes they [the family] won’t accept it from her cause it’s hers as they believe.

yah, about the head-to-toe black shroud, please think global, don’t you expect to see the world through a mirror, I’m not going to say it again, but if I must say something, it’ll be this; they don’t keep wearing that blacky thing all the time, just when mixed with the crowd [I would say about 7% of their day time or less], they don’t wear it at school/university/at work… etc. the reason behind this, mainly to protect all the people involved in the society, starting from the woman herself [search if you wana know more].

in general, their lives is really active, you know the families there are quite BIG [7-15 person in one family], I mean one may have at least 100 other relatives; uncles, brothers, sisters, nieces, cousins, grannies…you see it’s easy to celebrate at any time:biggrin:.

And about this topic, I really wish you all to understand that each society have different values in life, some may suites you and others not, but after all, you cannot deny that culture or blame the people for who they are, you may choose to share with them the goods you see in them and let what you don’t like, they are the ones who should choose to change if they would:wink:.

Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'm closing this pending a moderation decision.