Are there correlations for Sherwood numbers at v=0 for different surfaces?

  • Thread starter Thread starter McDuck
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 7K views
McDuck
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hi!

I've been trying to find Sherwood number corrolations for various surfaces, but it's been surprisingly difficult.

What I've been trying to find now is a Sherwood correlation for flows when Reynolds number = 0 (no wind speed at all).

The case for spheres is been pleasantly easy as Sh = 2 + 0.6*Re^(0.5)*Pr^(1/3) which doesn't cause any problems when the wind speed equals zero.

Is there anyone who would know where to easily find a large list of these corrolations for various surfaces, even at v=0?

I've been searching the net for quite some time and I have also looked through quite a lot of literature. I did personally think that there would have been some list easily accessible somewhere.


edit: flat vertical and horizontal plates would be the important ones
 
Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
There doesn't seem to be a straight answer to this, but do Sherwood's and Nusselt's number for different surfaces correlate, so I would be able to use Nusselt's number and switch from Prandtl's number to Schmidt's, and that way get my Sherwood number?