Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

News Are you ready for a next-in-line future Queen or King to be born?

1. Jul 22, 2013 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 22, 2013 #2

cobalt124

Gold Member

Still waiting.

4. Jul 22, 2013 #3
    After they changed the laws so that the firstborn will become ruler (King or Queen) did they also change the spouse naming convention? The wife of the King gets to be Queen, but the husband of the Queen is traditionally given the title Prince (Prince consort).

5. Jul 22, 2013 #4
    A boy has been born. No name given yet.

6. Jul 22, 2013 #5

AlephZero

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I go for the Bislama version (the language of the South Pacific Island Vanatu). English translation: "Number one big fella him belong Mrs Queen."

7. Jul 22, 2013 #6
    There is legislation going through NZ's Parliament regarding this, as all Commonwealth countries need the law in place, to align with UK's law.

http://inthehouse.co.nz/node/19593 [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  8. Jul 22, 2013 #7

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yawn!

Baby? Did I mention that my 6th grandchild (1st grandaughter) was recently born?

9. Jul 22, 2013 #8
    May I ask if the royal couple induced any measures to improve the odds of a boy? I believe sperm with X chromosomes can be separated from sperm with Y chromosomes.

10. Jul 22, 2013 #9

AlephZero

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Unlikely, since both parents refused to be told what sex it was before it was born.

11. Jul 22, 2013 #10
    That's not sufficient: you can still separate the sperm and still not have 100% separation so won't know conclusively if an X got through (the cell membrane) so won't know for sure until examination. And I suppose it's just a coincidence the next in line are four males about the same time we develop the knowledge to select sex this way. Suppose though it would cause controversy if exposed. But you would think for something so important, and a family with resources to do so, that they would want to ensure a male heir.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  12. Jul 22, 2013 #11
    I'm not ready. Stick it back in.

13. Jul 22, 2013 #12
    Am I the only one here who doesn't care about her or her baby whatsoever?

14. Jul 22, 2013 #13

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Nope, you're not the only one.

15. Jul 22, 2013 #14

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yea. Besides, you have to be ready for YOUR new King. :biggrin:

16. Jul 22, 2013 #15

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Who's baby?

17. Jul 22, 2013 #16
    LOL! I like that attitude. :)

18. Jul 23, 2013 #17

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

LOL

I feel much the same way as you

but a hearty congrats on your relatively new grand-daughter :)

Dave

19. Jul 23, 2013 #18
    Applicable to NZ:

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/world/18107150/rules-shake-up-preceded-royal-birth/ [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  20. Jul 23, 2013 #19

Cthugha

Science Advisor

Hmm, we have a baby which is already predestined to become a ruler at its birth. We have a baby born into an elitist society not everybody can enter and we have this society practicing awkward and strange traditions...I suppose people must be talking about Rosemary's baby. :devil:

21. Jul 23, 2013 #20

WannabeNewton

Science Advisor

LOL oh god I lol'ed so hard. The royal "stick it back in" festival need commence!

Anyways, as an American I have more important celebrity babies to pay attention to, especially Kanye and Kim's baby North West.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook