Are you ready for a next-in-line future Queen or King to be born?

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter StevieTNZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Future
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
41 replies · 11K views
Integral said:
As far as I am concerned she sure is. She is MUCH more important to me then some baby born to the European elite. Yawn!

Yes Integral, I agree. She is very much royalty. A diamond. I'm glad we got that straighten-out.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know why there are still royal families in Europe honestly... Don't people realize they got rich mostly by taxing the people? I'm not even communist, but in the case of royal families it's true that they exploited the peoples of their countries. Sure they led the countries also, but that's not an excuse to live in luxury while people struggled to live by. Monarchies times are over, why even give importance to those people...
 
Tosh5457 said:
I don't know why there are still royal families in Europe honestly... Don't people realize they got rich mostly by taxing the people? I'm not even communist, but in the case of royal families it's true that they exploited the peoples of their countries. Sure they led the countries also, but that's not an excuse to live in luxury while people struggled to live by. Monarchies times are over, why even give importance to those people...

Ohoh - an anti-monarchist in the midst :eek:

Off topic of the baby, but royalty or a monarchist from of government does not equate to exploitive, and conversely other forms of government do not mean non-exploitive. There are bad apples in every group, including democracy. :smile:

Its entertainment and the gawk factor. The US has Hollywood, then there is Bollywood, Middle East has all that history along with Greece, Italy and all that neighborhood, Australia has the down under fascination, Canada has well uh well .. polar bears.

A Royal Baby for England is News! special at eleven.

Jack - Prince Jack - would be a good name.
 
Last edited:
Integral said:
As far as I am concerned she sure is. She is MUCH more important to me then some baby born to the European elite. Yawn!

They would be pretty much the same age, Integral. You never know - if the stars are aligned right maybe in twenty years, :!), and you might be dining on fine Royal dinerware.:wink:
 
davenn said:
LOL

I feel much the same way as you

but a hearty congrats on your relatively new grand-daughter :)

Dave

Thanks! She is 1 month today.
 
Tosh5457 said:
I don't know why there are still royal families in Europe honestly... Don't people realize they got rich mostly by taxing the people? I'm not even communist, but in the case of royal families it's true that they exploited the peoples of their countries. Sure they led the countries also, but that's not an excuse to live in luxury while people struggled to live by. Monarchies times are over, why even give importance to those people...

Don't tar all Europeans with the same brush, ever heard of the French Revolution? Of course the monarchies got rich on the basis of past crimes and even though much of this wealth has been claimed back there are still republican movements. The thing is they hold so little practical power and have such a celebrity status (good for tourism) that there's rarely any impetus to launch a lengthy and cosy reform.
 
Oh dear, I do feel a compulsion to point out the obvious. Believe me, I offer no criticism at all to those who have expressed their dis-interest here – they are, of course, perfectly entitled to it. But the Cambridges did not ask the world’s media to camp outside the hospital. The world’s media camped outside the hospital because a significant majority of the world’s public are interested. And the same point applies to why the American media have covered the story to the extent they have. It is an old point – the media do no lead public opinion, they reflect it – often in far more unedifying ways than this.
 
Integral said:
Thanks! She is 1 month today.

A precious little princess indeed! The good Duke of Cambridge should be so relieved of having been spared the enormous (and painful) job of seeing a daughter through adolescence relatively unharmed.
 
Last edited:
Another question on titles. If the boy were to marry a man, when he grows up, would he also be known as a King?
Surely if a Queen marries a woman then there will be two queens, even by todays laws.
 
Ken Natton said:
The world’s media camped outside the hospital because a significant majority of the world’s public are interested.

Yeah, that's because a significant majority of the world's public are complete morons. :)