1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

AS Biology - glycosis homework help

1. May 28, 2016 #1
    Hi,
    I'm really stuck on this part of my AS biology homework.

With reference to theenzymes catalysing the stages of glycolysis, explain how their activity can beaffected. Consider in your discussion if this is a form of intrinsic regulationor extrinsic regulation.

1) Hexokinase:

2) Phosphofructokinase:

3) Pyruvate kinase:

I understand these enzymes have a role in converting and regulation but I can't seem to find any information that I can understand. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you smile.png

2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2016 #2

Ygggdrasil

Science Advisor

4. May 29, 2016 #3

epenguin

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

OMG this is an AS level question? When I did a biochemistry degree, mynah mynah, most of this wasn't in it - in fact most of it wasn't known!

I am in two minds whether this is just cramming ever more stuff into school courses, or whether on the other hand deserves its place as rationalisation, more rational biology with general principles of feedback. Needing important illustrations or examples, which are also relevant to what anyone's general knowledge of things they will need to know later, e.g. about diabetes, and thus also relevant to people later not pursuing biological science as a speciality.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted