Ask a Stupid Quetion Get a Stupid Answer

• Thread starter climbhi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stupid
In summary, a group of individuals are discussing a new forum and its purpose of asking and answering "stupid questions." They discuss topics such as how long it takes to reach 1000 posts, the existence of the old forums, the best superpower, an elevator that goes sideways, and the reasons behind posting in this forum. They also explore the question of why they ask questions and the possible theories that have not been invented. Eventually, the conversation turns to the expansion of the universe and the orbit of planets around stars.
  • #3,256
MotoH said:
That's what she said.

Why I have I books floor?

Tuesday remote you virtuous green.

Foliloliollie?

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #3,257
zoobyshoe said:
Tuesday remote you virtuous green.

Foliloliollie?

"Knife is for the bests when Forking Henry utilize the verb stick create with have to into the future." - Henry's Fork, knife making extraordinaire.

I have a fistful of...?

• #3,258
MotoH said:
I have a fistful of...?
Lemony fresh pine sol.

Getting back to more urgent irrelevancies: I've heard it asserted that with a common pair of pliers, three boxes of brass brads, and a garbage bag full of old Hershey bar wrappers, a Turkish diabetic can forge enough fake money to pay off the equivalent of National Debt of the original 13 American Colonies in 1797. I'm sure everyone's heard that. But does this mean a specific Turkish diabetic, or any Turkish diabetic?

• #3,259
They must be between the ages of 24 and 35, have type 6 diabetes, and have their third finger in from the left missing.

There once was man from. . .?

• #3,260
MotoH said:
There once was man from. . .?
lemony fresh pine sol town,
Who couldn't remember when he'd really last sat down.
His recall of the chair:
"I really don't care"
"Cause I float on a lake and will till I drown."

The moral of that Limerick, is, obviously, "Don't count your Rosetta Stones before they're unearthed." Everyone avoids mentioning that, though, because that moral has no ring to it. It falls flat. Lessons and morals should be snappy, and pithy. Otherwise you won't remember them.

But don't you find, in saying "The Rosetta Stone falls flat," that there is a devious, erroneous implication, that erroneous implication being that it doesn't also stand flat?

• #3,261
LIMERICK:
There once was a man with a hernia.
Who said to his doctor "Gul-dernia"
When cutting my middle,
Be sure you don't fiddle
With matters that do not concern-ya.

STUPID QUESTION:
A stitch in time saves 9 WHAT??

Last edited:
  • #3,262
9 stitches in time will save me from having another bout of 9 simultaneous severe debilitating headaches when 9 stitches unraveled from the shoulder of my dress and left me standing,humiliated,in the middle of Times Square.I had my suitcase bomb with me but had to run off and hide and leave the bomb as I probably would have been caught extremely easily if I had set my terrorist bomb off and was the only naked person nearby.Should I have set the bomb off anyway and just hoped it blew the clothes off other people too?

• #3,263
9 stitches in time staple the clothes to the bodies of the bomb blast victims. What victims?? I see no damn victims!

I question the philosophical reality of your terrorist bomb! Answer me that, and I shall bake you a cake. Pi cake.

• #3,264
I philosophically reject your reality of questioning the philosophical realty of someone else's terrorist bomb, and substitute my Shih Tzu's hallucinogenic realty; which is itself brought about by the cyclic atrophea of the 3rd ring of Saturn during every 2nd full moon.

Given that a gentleman; when going to work; wears a sandle and sock on his left foot and a shoe with no sock on his right foot, does he bring his lunch to work or ride the bus?

• #3,265
Assuming a perfectly spherical PB&J, we leave it to the reader to calculate small oscillations of the gas pedal.How much wood could a woodchuck buy if it was a quant?

• #3,266
DukeofDuke said:
How much wood could a woodchuck buy if it was a quant?

I suppose that would depend on how he optimized the chuck function.

I wonder how people first measured the speed of light in a vacuum. I think the hardest part is getting a flashlight up the narrow plastic hose. Do you think they ran it over a string of Christmas lights and then looked in the bag?

• #3,267
One gets to talk with imaginary people.

Does a black hole dump everything out in Soviet Russia?

• #3,268
***Reminder***

This thread is a game with simple rules: answer the last question asked, and then ask a new one.

***End Reminder***

• #3,269
Sourabh N said:
Does a black hole dump everything out in Soviet Russia?

yes because you are an example

whats most stupid thing about physics?

• #3,270
The most stupid thing is that I have to know about Laplacians and other advanced mathematics to do modern physics instead of rubber chickens. What if I want to use rubber chickens to answer questions in physics?? I do love mathematics, truthfully, but I'm in the spirit of this forum. :)

Last edited:
  • #3,271
I have a question and I'll take any answer, stupid or otherwise.
"How fast do you need to be driving before a red light turns green?"
High School Physics class extra credit question. Anything I put in for a search brings up DMV links.

• #3,272
[BTW, ijesse94 -- you needed to give a stupid answer to a stupid question before posting your question.] This may not be the proper forum for homework-related questions -- but then again, the question is sort of shifty. As a result of the correct speed at which you need to be driving, hopefully the only collapse you will see will be a measured shortening of the distance between two successive peaks (or two crests, or any two points with equal heights and equal slopes), and not in the form of a sudden impact to the length of the vehicle you are driving toward the intersection with a "green" light.

It is said that there is no such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer; what gives?

Last edited:
  • #3,274
xnick said:
@Ulagatin: You can't use just any kind of rubber chicken to answers questions in physics. It must be a http://www.miwiki.net/Rubber_chicken_with_a_pulley_in_the_middle".

It's getting hot here. Why hasn't no one yet come up with a "microwave freezer"?

Because there hasn't been a need to freeze microwaves.

Why isn't there a relativity theory for time dilation that occurs during a vacation? Time drags before your vacation and then goes at light speed during your vacation - then it drags again.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #3,275
Borg said:
Because there hasn't been a need to freeze microwaves.

Why isn't there a relativity theory for time dilation that occurs during a vacation? Time drags before your vacation and then goes at light speed during your vacation - then it drags again.
Since an observer can always be sure he's not the one on vacation.

---

Gin a body meet a body
Coming thro' the rye,
Gin a body kiss a body -
Need a body cry?

• #3,276
dav2008 said:
Since an observer can always be sure he's not the one on vacation.

---

Gin a body meet a body
Coming thro' the rye,
Gin a body kiss a body -
Need a body cry?

No need for cry because they are close
Why do we see the sun by daytime and not night?

• #3,277
Mueiz said:
No need for cry because they are close
Why do we see the sun by daytime and not night?

Because the Earth is fat.

What is soylent green?

• #3,278
It's what became of Little Green Riding Hood's grandmother.

Why don't rubber bands tour the world as much as rock bands do?

• #3,279
Dr Lots-o'watts said:
It's what became of Little Green Riding Hood's grandmother.

Why don't rubber bands tour the world as much as rock bands do?

Going around the world stretches them out a little too much.

Why did the chicken fail his driving test.

• #3,280
The examiner realized it was actually a rooster having lied on the application form when the parallel parking was a success.

How do we know there aren't Chameleons all around us?

• #3,281
Because chameleans don't really exist. It's the government that lies to us by inventing the concept "chameleon"...

Why do I often see 11:11, when I check my clock?

• #3,282
Becuause You haven't changed the time on that clock in years.

Why is coffee so delicious?

• #3,283
Can I buy some lean tramps from a trampoline store?

• #3,284

dacruick said:
Becuause You haven't changed the time on that clock in years.
Why is coffee so delicious?
Because it's probably not good for you.
Topher925 said:
Can I buy some lean tramps from a trampoline store?
Not until you answer the other question first. :rolleyes:

Why is Evo's jar of yellow curry powder missing? Where would it go? And why?

• #3,285
Don't play innocent Borg, we all know you stole it. I don't know why, though...

Why did Borg steal Evo's jar of yellow curry powder??

• #3,286
micromass said:
Don't play innocent Borg, we all know you stole it. I don't know why, though...

Why did Borg steal Evo's jar of yellow curry powder??
It wasn't me and I have proof:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=3079426&postcount=5580" [Broken]

Why is curry powder yellow?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #3,287
Borg said:
Why is curry powder yellow?

Because it smells yellow.

Why can't I turn off infomercials when they come on?

P.S Youtube 'the shakeweight', you won't regret it.

• #3,288
dacruick said:
Because it smells yellow.

Why can't I turn off infomercials when they come on?

P.S Youtube 'the shakeweight', you won't regret it.

Because infomercials have low standards.

Why does my neck hurt after sitting in front of the laptop all night?

• #3,289
your laptop emits pain radiations for necks!

Why cannot I work when i really have a lot to do?

• #3,290
Because you're posting on Physics Forums instead of working.

Why does my university close due to inclement weather on the one day of the week I actually have a long enough block of time to do something productive in the lab I work in?

<h2>1. What is "Ask a Stupid Question Get a Stupid Answer"?</h2><p>"Ask a Stupid Question Get a Stupid Answer" is a phrase that is often used as a playful response to a question that is deemed to be silly or nonsensical. It is meant to be a lighthearted way to acknowledge that the question may not have a serious or logical answer.</p><h2>2. Why do people use this phrase?</h2><p>People use this phrase as a way to inject humor into a situation where a question may not have a clear or straightforward answer. It can also be used to acknowledge that the question may not be well thought out or may not have a serious purpose.</p><h2>3. Is there any scientific basis for this phrase?</h2><p>No, there is no scientific basis for this phrase. It is simply a common saying that is used in casual conversation to add humor or acknowledge a silly question.</p><h2>4. Can a question really be considered "stupid"?</h2><p>This phrase is not meant to be taken literally. The word "stupid" is used in a playful and lighthearted manner, and is not intended to be offensive or hurtful. It is simply a way to acknowledge that a question may not have a serious or logical answer.</p><h2>5. Is it appropriate to use this phrase in a professional setting?</h2><p>It depends on the context and the relationship between the individuals involved. In a formal or serious setting, it may not be appropriate to use this phrase. However, in a casual or lighthearted conversation, it may be acceptable to use this phrase as a way to inject humor into the discussion.</p>

1. What is "Ask a Stupid Question Get a Stupid Answer"?

"Ask a Stupid Question Get a Stupid Answer" is a phrase that is often used as a playful response to a question that is deemed to be silly or nonsensical. It is meant to be a lighthearted way to acknowledge that the question may not have a serious or logical answer.

2. Why do people use this phrase?

People use this phrase as a way to inject humor into a situation where a question may not have a clear or straightforward answer. It can also be used to acknowledge that the question may not be well thought out or may not have a serious purpose.

3. Is there any scientific basis for this phrase?

No, there is no scientific basis for this phrase. It is simply a common saying that is used in casual conversation to add humor or acknowledge a silly question.

4. Can a question really be considered "stupid"?

This phrase is not meant to be taken literally. The word "stupid" is used in a playful and lighthearted manner, and is not intended to be offensive or hurtful. It is simply a way to acknowledge that a question may not have a serious or logical answer.

5. Is it appropriate to use this phrase in a professional setting?

It depends on the context and the relationship between the individuals involved. In a formal or serious setting, it may not be appropriate to use this phrase. However, in a casual or lighthearted conversation, it may be acceptable to use this phrase as a way to inject humor into the discussion.